Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Notifications... or lack of.

graywoulf

Endeavor to Persevere
Premium Pilot
Join
Mar 30, 2018
Loc
NC
For some reason, I am not getting any notifications of any kind even though I have the box checked in my preferences... again. I also am not getting the "Yesterday's topics" list in my email either. Why is that? I have not made any changes to my email client as well. I hope I get an email on the response of this.

Almost certainly the daily list of topics are going into your Trash or Junk boxes. Strangely I have been experiencing this too so I just mark them as Not Junk and they pop up in my In Box. They seem to be arriving properly in the last couple of days. Goodness knows why but hope it lasts.

None of these have ever been sent to my junk/trash box. I did not get a notice for your reply but I did get the "Yesterday's Topics" email today. ?

None of these have ever been sent to my junk/trash box. I did not get a notice for your reply but I did get the "Yesterday's Topics" email today. ?
Funnily enough I have just discovered today’s topics in Junk. Really annoying and I don’t think there is a way of stopping it unless you have an idea?

For some reason, I am not getting any notifications of any kind even though I have the box checked in my preferences... again. I also am not getting the "Yesterday's topics" list in my email either. Why is that? I have not made any changes to my email client as well. I hope I get an email on the response of this.

I don't get the daily digest, only the weekly. That said, both "Subscribe" checkboxes appear as checked when I go to the subscription management page (screenshot below). In your account, what does it say in the area I've highlighted in yellow?

If it doesn't say anything, you'll probably want to unsubscribe and re-subscribe to fix it.

EDIT: I'm wondering whether the recent forum software upgrade jiggered the notification settings, too. You might want to go through every notification and unsubscribe, then resubscribe to the ones you want and see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: graywoulf
I don't get the daily digest, only the weekly. That said, both "Subscribe" checkboxes appear as checked when I go to the subscription management page (screenshot below). In your account, what does it say in the area I've highlighted in yellow?

If it doesn't say anything, you'll probably want to unsubscribe and re-subscribe to fix it.

View attachment 9343

EDIT: I'm wondering whether the recent forum software upgrade jiggered the notification settings, too. You might want to go through every notification and unsubscribe, then resubscribe to the ones you want and see what happens.
Will give it a go. Thanks.

Almost certainly the daily list of topics are going into your Trash or Junk boxes. Strangely I have been experiencing this too so I just mark them as Not Junk and they pop up in my In Box. They seem to be arriving properly in the last couple of days. Goodness knows why but hope it lasts.

I had the same exact problem -- Daily Digest suddenly stopped arriving. Tried all kinds of fixes in the forum settings and e-mail settings on phone but then figured it out...

They were going to my Junk/Spam folder!

I contacted the moderator and he explained how this happens: if enough other members report it as spam instead of unsubscribing then certain services will start automatically forwarding it to junk folder. They are working on a more obvious unsubscribe button within the email to stop this from happening.

So check the junk folder specific to the email you used to register (not the general junk folder).

Some mail clients will allow you to "white list" senders, that will stop those senders' mails from being treated as junk or spam. What are you using as client Rick?
Hi Robin, I am using Mozilla Thunderbird. Strange that all of this worked before. I just did as Dodge DeBoulet suggested and deleted and saved and then rechecked and save my notification preferences. I did not even get the notification that anyone had responded to this post. So, sorry for the delayed response on this.

Funnily enough I have just discovered today’s topics in Junk. Really annoying and I don’t think there is a way of stopping it unless you have an idea?
At this point, I am still stumped on this one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme