Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Ok, back to feeling unsure

This makes sense - according to the DJI site specs, max. operating temp. is 104 degrees F. Re. the frequency, if I'm not mistaken 5GHz has better bandwith (which is probably the reason you get better video stream) but shorter range.

Maybe it is a good thing that summer temps rarely get above 70 here...

Cheers
Yep, and it was 100 F here today in Houston :(

I've flown in 96 degrees and high humidity where it was 105 degrees "real feal." I've had zero issues. I did the current update with no issues, I have like 80 flights in. I use 2 batteries and the otg cable. I fly back to back batteries too. When I come in for a landing after the 2nd battery, the Spark is hot but all is well. This is my 1st and only DJI product. I use a either a old broken Alcatel Idol 4 phone that only works on Wi-Fi or my LG Stylo 2. No video lags, only a few minor cutouts at very, very long range. And even my gestures work as they should. I even had the unofficial DJI app update 2 days before it was released on Google play. I have literally not had one single issue.

Mine has been plagued with problems from the day i got it constantly dis connect can not fly more than 100 meters from me the drone and controller de linked took 3 days to fix poor video quality i keep getting told to wait and issues will be resolved and i have had more help from here than from dji they just basically said its not their problem and offered no help what so ever. But i just did update and will see how it goes later today
Got to get the OTG cable. I've had no problems nor will I ever fly without it.

Oh , but we are told that DJI hates the OTG…

So much misinformation from DJI and the forums on this.

Be sure to watch the video and follow the exact order that he describes.
Remote, Spark, Wait for green light on controller, turn on Phone or Tablet, Put on Airplane mode, Open DJI Go 4 app, plug phone in, plug cord into remote.

That's the problem, some work, some don't....anecdotal evidence is not making it on this subject. I flew EIGHT times Friday, with OTG ...no problems. The next day 3 flights in, in the exact same location, and I disconnected.

Read the original post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers