Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Only blank map in Go app

Mikey87

Join
Jul 6, 2018
Loc
Netherlands
Hello,

I bought myself a new tablet (lenovo tab3 10 plus) yesterday specially for the Spark. Installed everything. When i put on the go fly button i see everything but only blank map. I have the newest go app. On my phone (sony xperia) i see a detailed map.

Anyone know a fix?

Reactions: scheung8888
Assuming your tablet doesn’t have a SIM card with cellular connectivity....You have to actually view and cache the map with internet connectivity. Do that first then when you are in the field without internet, you will be able to view the map. There are plenty of posts here about how to accomplish this. Go into the DJI app and at the top on the right click the menu (3 bars) then select offline maps. From there you should be able to figure it out.

Assuming your tablet doesn’t have a SIM card with cellular connectivity....You have to actually view and cache the map with internet connectivity. Do that first then when you are in the field without internet, you will be able to view the map. There are plenty of posts here about how to accomplish this. Go into the DJI app and at the top on the right click the menu (3 bars) then select offline maps. From there you should be able to figure it out.
Thank you for your reaction. You are right, i dont have 4G or 3G internet option with the tablet. So, as example: when i go to a place for flying with my drone i first have to search the place, download the map and than go to it? I always mean that the Go app has pre loaded maps inside. I am wrong than.

Correct... maps do not come preloaded; you have to figure out where you will be flying with internet connectivity on the tablet first then cache/download the map. For those using iOS, this function doesn’t work anymore as the latest iteration of DJI go 4 app for iOS doesn’t have the offline map option for whatever reason. It can still be done but the steps are different.

Correct... maps do not come preloaded; you have to figure out where you will be flying with internet connectivity on the tablet first then cache/download the map. For those using iOS, this function doesn’t work anymore as the latest iteration of DJI go 4 app for iOS doesn’t have the offline map option for whatever reason. It can still be done but the steps are different.
Thanks. Clear. What is the difference between cache and download? Or is it the same? Does it also work when i am on my wifi and i open the map, zoom out and leave it some seconds on, that the whole map is loaded? Or is downloading it area by area the only option? Thnxx so far!

I just have found a method to get live maps during the flights... I just use my phone with 4g as hotspot. The tablet connects with it by wifi and because i use otg cable, the maps are updating.

Thanks. Clear. What is the difference between cache and download? Or is it the same? Does it also work when i am on my wifi and i open the map, zoom out and leave it some seconds on, that the whole map is loaded? Or is downloading it area by area the only option? Thnxx so far!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johny parker