Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG cable for a tablet?

voodoo

Join
Jan 4, 2019
I've been using the included OTG cable for connection from the Spark's RC to my Samsung phone.

I have a 10" Samsung tablet I'd like to use in place of the phone if possible. But I would need a slightly longer OTG cable because of the larger tablet.

I think the DJI RC is a USB Micro A, and my tablet is a Micro B. Can I just get a longer standard USB cable with these ends and it will work?

I've been using the included OTG cable for connection from the Spark's RC to my Samsung phone.

I have a 10" Samsung tablet I'd like to use in place of the phone if possible. But I would need a slightly longer OTG cable because of the larger tablet.

I think the DJI RC is a USB Micro A, and my tablet is a Micro B. Can I just get a longer standard USB cable with these ends and it will work?

An OTG cable is a specialized subtype of USB cable. A standard USB (data) cable will not give proper video signal connecting tablet with Spark (but it is adequate for charging aircraft and remote controller).

You need a longer OTG cable. Readily available on Amazon.

Reactions: voodoo
An OTG cable is a specialized subtype of USB cable. A standard USB (data) cable will not give proper video signal connecting tablet with Spark (but it is adequate for charging aircraft and remote controller).

You need a longer OTG cable. Readily available on Amazon.
When I search for Android OTG cable, there are several different types that pop up with different connector types on the end.

Is the RC an OTG type, and I need the other end to be Micro A?

Maybe this?

O'woda Micro USB to Micro USB OTG Cable 11.4inch Nylon Braided Data Cord Video Transfer Connector for DJI Mavic Pro/Mavic Pro Air/Spark
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076WX64RF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_06anCb7H0WD8H

That link shows a cable with micro USB on both ends. That's is fine as long as that's the same type connector your phone has. Many recent Android phones have USB-C. Should be easy to figure out.

Note: that particular one you choose had many bad reviews.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran