Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG cable1

Augustin Raj

Join
Mar 7, 2020
I am sometimes confused why the need to use OTG cable to connect the RC to the hand phone since the RC is using the hp WiFi to connect. Does it mean if we use the OTG cable than the phone WiFi become unuseful. Is that how the OTG cables works or is the cable a standby incase the phone wifi fails

Remote to drone communication is WIFI.
By default your device (phone) also connect to the remote by WIFI.
So... the remote need to handle two different WIFI connections simultaneously.
If you use OTG cable, remote will only handle one wifi connection, hence a more stable connection.

I have always used an otg cable, it’s far more secure and the connection at startup is instant! BTW I use Litchi rather than DJI GO 4, could be making a difference in startup time.

chaz

Tq mac for the information. After contemplating what you said it makes lots of sense. It is to also reduce the wifi load on the phone I believe.
Tks again

I am sometimes confused why the need to use OTG cable to connect the RC to the hand phone since the RC is using the hp WiFi to connect. Does it mean if we use the OTG cable than the phone WiFi become unuseful. Is that how the OTG cables works or is the cable a standby incase the phone wifi fails
An OTG cable is essential to connect my Spark RC with DJI Goggles.I use it.Some other DJI drones need an OTG cable too to connect with DJI Goggles such as Phantom 4 and Inspire Series.

OTG cable replaces the need for WIFI. You can turn WIFI completely off on your phone while using OTG cable, thus reducing any potential interference. I have way better luck using OTG cable, definitely worth the $9.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme