Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG not working on iOS 11

It wouldn't be a surprise. The Spark RC is not MFi certified, so Apple or DJI could kill it at any time. This is the entire reason they won't support OTG (though they may support OTG with Crystal Sky/Android).

It wouldn't be a surprise. The Spark RC is not MFi certified, so Apple or DJI could kill it at any time. This is the entire reason they won't support OTG (though they may support OTG with Crystal Sky/Android).
I can't get mine to work either. Gave up and fly wifi which is bad... I thought maybe all I was giving up was 4K and getting compact. But compact comes with a much higher price.
But I still have ver10.3.3

Mine works fine on iOS 11 and my iPhone 7. Is iOS11 on public release yet? I’ve been on it forever.

Same phone and iOS version... no luck :-(

I’ll try to downgrade tomorrow and wait until they update the dji app for iOS 11..

iOS 11 still in beta btw..

What are advantages of using OTG with IOS devices? I can't see any lag differences between WiFi connection and OTG.

What are advantages of using OTG with IOS devices?
The biggest disadvantage is that you cannot set the RTH Altitude higher than 50 meters. That could be a deal-breaker if you're flying in a location with tall obstacles.

The biggest disadvantage is that you cannot set the RTH Altitude higher than 50 meters. That could be a deal-breaker if you're flying in a location with tall obstacles.
Yes, I know. For me even worse issue is absence of signal level indicator. I curios about why do people use OTG with IOS devices?
I'm personally didn't found any advantages. May be I miss something?

What are advantages of using OTG with IOS devices? I can't see any lag differences between WiFi connection and OTG.
I would love to know why my Ipad2, spark, & RC continue to be very glitchy(image freezes for up to 2 secs) when using wifi instead of OTG cable. Old iPad? Setup wrong? Signal noise from competing nearby sources? Feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack in the dark.

Last edited:
I would love to know why my Ipad2, spark, & RC continue to be very glitchy(image freezes for up to 2 secs) when using wifi instead of OTG cable. Old iPad? Setup wrong?
CPU performance can be an issue. On my iPad Air2 I didn't find almost any difference. But A8X much more powerful than A5.
iPad-Pro-charts.001.png

Reactions: Mainiad
I hate to now be looking at needing to buy a new tablet, just for flying... This new love may be as detrimental to my wallet's health as some of my other interests, lol. I'm still searching for that one "adjustment" or " calibration" that might solve this problem in a more reasonable and less expensive way. If I'm going to spend more $'s, I would rather it go to another drone (tho the next cost could be a divorce attorney).

Also, i don't think you can see your signal strength when using OTG?

This will be an Apple thing about backdoor access to their tablets and phones. Apple has never supported otg or even liked the idea as it lets users use their phones or tablets like us Android users.... we are not locked into a companies accessories and restrictive nature. OTG is used for doing live stream and if your connected to the rc by wifi then how are you supposed to stream on iOS?

This will be an Apple thing about backdoor access to their tablets and phones. Apple has never supported otg or even liked the idea as it lets users use their phones or tablets like us Android users.... we are not locked into a companies accessories and restrictive nature. OTG is used for doing live stream and if your connected to the rc by wifi then how are you supposed to stream on iOS?
Cellular data?

Yes you can, when i am connected to my spark by wifi, i still get my maps using cellular data
What kind of phone are you using to get wifi a day cellular active at same time, I need one.

Is there a way to go beyond 50m when using OTG?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio