Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG not working on iOS 11

Is there a way to go beyond 50m when using OTG?
With android version, at least you can set it to > 50m but currently not checked with a real flight. Only static setup done and just a motors turn off/on done.
Not in contradiction with @msinger indicated, only valid for an android case.

With android version, at least you can set it to > 50m but currently not checked with a real flight. Only static setup done and just a motors turn off/on done.
Not in contradiction with @msinger indicated, only valid for an android case.

So, is that 50m restriction based on app version and firmware? It sounds a lot like the restriction that us MP users were blessed with if we upgraded.

What if we have the original Spark FW and roll back to an older android go version?

So, is that 50m restriction based on app version and firmware?
It has been this way in all firmware versions for me. I'm assuming it's related to something in DJI GO since that's where that value is being set.

OTG with iOS is really uncessary. If you put your iphone/ipad on airplane mode, and then only switch on wifi, your connection will be as solid as the OTG and you will get the same range. The only benfit iOS users get from the OTG is that it forces them to switch off their other radios (Bluetooth and Cellular).

PS> *IMPORTANT* Go into airplane mode and then switch on WiFi. Don’t just toggle the different radios in the control center because in IOS 11 that doesn’t kill the actual radio, only current connections.

Reactions: julian46
It has been this way in all firmware versions for me. I'm assuming it's related to something in DJI GO since that's where that value is being set.

Hi msinger. Thank you! I picked up an OTA cable as soon as I received my Spark (around June 17th or so) and I was never able to make it work, so I just dropped it. But, I was considering picking up a different brand to pass the month by.

To the best of you knowledge, is that 50m a height restriction or just a general 50m from the RC? As you mentioned, the go app may see that device as non-standard flag it similar to when you are not logged into the app.

So, is that 50m restriction based on app version and firmware? It sounds a lot like the restriction that us MP users were blessed with if we upgraded.

What if we have the original Spark FW and roll back to an older android go version?
The max RTH altitude restriction is no more on new android version, so I don't see the use of older version.

To the best of you knowledge, is that 50m a height restriction or just a general 50m from the RC? As you mentioned, the go app may see that device as non-standard flag it similar to when you are not logged into the app.
It's not a height restriction. The DJI GO app does not allow the RTH Altitude to be set higher than 50 meters.

My OTG cable works with 11.

I've been slowly getting used to flying without it and been having a good connection between my mini4 and RC via WiFi.

However, the latest iOS update this past week, I'm not too sure on the WiFi connection.

I lost connection during a flight and the iPad connected to my home WiFi.

Yikes!

Still had control of Spark but it wanted to auto land while I was getting the iPad connected.

All is well.

And the OTG still works after the latest update.

I'm not sure what disconnected from what.

My OTG cable works with 11.

I've been slowly getting used to flying without it and been having a good connection between my mini4 and RC via WiFi.

However, the latest iOS update this past week, I'm not too sure on the WiFi connection.

I lost connection during a flight and the iPad connected to my home WiFi.

Yikes!

Still had control of Spark but it wanted to auto land while I was getting the iPad connected.

All is well.

And the OTG still works after the latest update.

I'm not sure what disconnected from what.
Is it the 11.0.01 update? When I’m using OTG, once it’s connected, I always disable my wifi since the RC is directly connected to the tablet. I wanted to know if it’s the .01 update you’ve got ‘cause I’m still on 11.0 and it’s working perfectly for me.

I actually don't use an OTG cable (iOS) any more after the big FW update. I haven't had any connection issues, and it's one less thing to carry around and set up pre-flight. Sure, I have to connect to the RC's WiFi, but that's what it was (supposedly) designed to do.

I actually don't use an OTG cable (iOS) any more after the big FW update. I haven't had any connection issues, and it's one less thing to carry around and set up pre-flight. Sure, I have to connect to the RC's WiFi, but that's what it was (supposedly) designed to do.
How far have you flown it without a video blackout?

What are advantages of using OTG with IOS devices? I can't see any lag differences between WiFi connection and OTG.
the advantage is stable connection. Mine works on my Ipad and iphone both ios11.
wifi can be very sketchy when there are interference in the area.
To those not working, try removing the cable from the remote connection itself.
I did find out that when it doesnt work, i just unplug and replug the otg cable on the remote's end and it will detect and connect (RC and ipad/iphone).
Hope this helps

I always use OTG when flying my spark, the problem I found out when using the OTG is that the remote and spark have to be bind first before connecting the OTG to the remote. Hope this will help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar