Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Palm landing from ground launch?

If I launch my Spark from the ground using the RC, can I Palm Land it it or do I have to be in Gesture Mode first?
You have to switch to gesture mode when landing. Or you can program one of the buttons on your RC to take off & land. I have the button on the RC set up this way & just fly back put my hand under the spark as it's flying, push the button on RC & it lands in my hand. No need to switch to gesture mode this way.

You have to switch to gesture mode when landing. Or you can program one of the buttons on your RC to take off & land. I have the button on the RC set up this way & just fly back put my hand under the spark as it's flying, push the button on RC & it lands in my hand. No need to switch to gesture mode this way.
Thanks, very helpful. What setting do you use on the RC button?

I landed it on my palm just yesterday, by controlling it via RC...no gesture mode, no programming of buttons...

Reactions: Londroner

Have you ever hit the "land" button accidentally? A significant part of my flying is over water so I was wondering if that would be an issue.

I also hand land using the remote all of the time without using gesture mode or the landing slider. The spark will initially try to move up and away from your hand, but with a constant down stick, it typically rises just a foot or so and then settles back down into my hand.

Reactions: Londroner
Have you ever hit the "land" button accidentally? A significant part of my flying is over water so I was wondering if that would be an issue.

I also hand land using the remote all of the time without using gesture mode or the landing slider. The spark will initially try to move up and away from your hand, but with a constant down stick, it typically rises just a foot or so and then settles back down into my hand.
I have had my custom button setup to take off & land since I started flying & have never pushed the button accidentally. Kinda like a gun keep your booger picker off the bang switch until it's time to use it ;)

I will add when I first got the spark the first few times I palm landed I faced it away from me, put my hand under it & pushed stick down and it worked fine. I just find it easier to use the programmed button.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast