Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Pandan Reservoir, Singapore

Rwarrior

Join
Apr 13, 2018
Hi Sparkies,
Here's another spot in Singapore, Pandan Reservoir. It's located in the West Region of Singapore. Formed by damming the mouth of Sungei Pandan, it is the largest service reservoir in Singapore providing non-potable water to the surrounding industrial areas and in particular, the Jurong Industrial Estate. Also, runners looking for a quiet running route in the West of Singapore will love it. A popular fishing spot and home to the Singapore Rowing Association, it was designed with runners in mind, with a gravel track around the 6km loop. Runners will enjoy the rare sense of openness and space, which is hard to come by in Singapore.
Hope you like it!
Cheers and safe flying!

Nicely flown as always, Rwarrior. The Singapore Board of Tourism ought to hire you. You videos certainly "sell" the attributes of the area. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks I B Spectre, very kind of you. Glad you liked it.. [emoji120]

Have to agree with IBS and Rw, very well flown. Looks nice and peaceful. Have to ask, is all this shot without Intelligent Flight Modes? The panning with the subject matter is very well managed and maintains interest as the reveals reveal.

Reactions: jimlips
@Rwarrior : what a beautiful area! I'm a little confused why there aren't people everywhere. I only saw one or two joggers and pedestrians. If I went to a place like that in California, it would be jam-packed with people.

Hi Twickers14,
Thanks for encouragement, much appreciated.
Re: the shots, these were without intelligent flight modes, although I did do many runs. I just then picked the smoothest ones for the video [emoji4]
To be honest, I haven't really found much use for the intelligent flight modes for the kind of shots I like to do.
Cheers and safe flying mate
Have to agree with IBS and Rw, very well flown. Looks nice and peaceful. Have to ask, is all this shot without Intelligent Flight Modes? The panning with the subject matter is very well managed and maintains interest as the reveals reveal.

Reactions: twickers14
Hi Sparkies,
Here's another spot in Singapore, Pandan Reservoir. It's located in the West Region of Singapore. Formed by damming the mouth of Sungei Pandan, it is the largest service reservoir in Singapore providing non-potable water to the surrounding industrial areas and in particular, the Jurong Industrial Estate. Also, runners looking for a quiet running route in the West of Singapore will love it. A popular fishing spot and home to the Singapore Rowing Association, it was designed with runners in mind, with a gravel track around the 6km loop. Runners will enjoy the rare sense of openness and space, which is hard to come by in Singapore.
Hope you like it!
Cheers and safe flying!

Congrats, beautiful video! I love the "backward spiral" and then ascending, were you controlling rotation, altitude and backward + camera tilt ALL at the same time?!?! I also like your editing techniques, you successfully mix panning, downward shooting and more. Very well done!

@Rwarrior : what a beautiful area! I'm a little confused why there aren't people everywhere. I only saw one or two joggers and pedestrians. If I went to a place like that in California, it would be jam-packed with people.
Hi Jim, thanks!
I went on a weekday morning, so less people than usual. I can imagine it'll be more crowded on weekends, but I try to avoid the crowds as much as I can..
Cheers!

Congrats, beautiful video! I love the "backward spiral" and then ascending, were you controlling rotation, altitude and backward + camera tilt ALL at the same time?!?! I also like your editing techniques, you successfully mix panning, downward shooting and more. Very well done!
Many thanks AGallo, glad you enjoyed it!
Re: the "backward spiral" , I followed the tip for the Orbit shot from the DJI article (Don’t Fly Until You Know These 7 Simple Drone Maneuvers and Shots! - DJI Guides). Did it manually but of course, had to do a few runs to get it right. I found that a light touch on the gimbal scroll wheel gives the right amount of tilt. Also, I can simulate a "zoom in" on the clip in post-edit in Animotica Video Editor.
Cheers and safe flying, mate!
Ranjit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme