Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

PGY Propeller holders

Matty J

Join
Feb 27, 2018
Hi guys I recently purchased pgy prop holders to help when putting spark in fly more combo soft bag and every time I put them on it makes me wonder if they are doing more harm than good as they are a tight fit and put a fair bit of unnecessary pressure on the motor shaft, I'm probably being a bit over protective and paranoid of my little mate but I was wondering other ppls thoughts that have these and or is there a better prop holder option?
Cheers

I was thinking the same about the Dji prop holder's they seem to pull tight on the moters.

Reactions: Matty J
I'm glad to hear that others have the same opinion as myself. That's a LOT of pressure on the shafts and I'm sure, on the bearings as well. Oh well, just another addition to my big box of useless purchases....

I'm glad to hear that others have the same opinion as myself. That's a LOT of pressure on the shafts and I'm sure, on the bearings as well. Oh well, just another addition to my big box of useless purchases....
Haha yes I have a similar box, all they had to do is make them a little more stretchy as they seem way to tight for the job.

I've just been out flying mine and it was making a right wierd noise when the blades was spinning in the air I immediately landed it and checked the blades and 3 of them was bent. I've been using the Dji blade holder's and it has bent my blades what the hell dji it's the rubber band ones.

These are the ones

Buy PGYTECH Spark Propeller Holders

I've just been out flying mine and it was making a right wierd noise when the blades was spinning in the air I immediately landed it and checked the blades and 3 of them was bent. I've been using the Dji blade holder's and it has bent my blades what the hell dji it's the rubber band ones.

These are the ones

Buy PGYTECH Spark Propeller Holders
Yes they are the ones I purchased and I would not recommend them, not sure why they made them so tight and there only attached to the props putting alot of pressure on shafts etc .I know in sport mode the shaft etc would come under loads especially braking but this is just short spurts, when in storage there should not be any unnecessary force.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
They have bent my blades God knows what they've done to the moters when I first put them on I was thinking they seemed very tight and pulling on the moters but thought with them being Dji own products I thought they must be ok.

Last edited:
I did look at those before I brought pgy, do you use the fly more soft bag?
Putting spark in and out of the soft bag is often not a smooth process unlike a hard case for this pilot anyway lol so I thought the 1 you have shown may pop off during in and out hence why I went pgy.
Oh, you’re right. I use a hard case, and they would probably pop off if handled. Hope you find a good solution!

Oh, you’re right. I use a hard case, and they would probably pop off if handled. Hope you find a good solution!
Thanks for the feedback at this stage I like the compact hardly there fly more combo bag so I think I will persist for a bit and try the motor caps and see what happens.[emoji106]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis