Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Phone battery problems

Hellifly

Join
Oct 12, 2017
Loc
UK
This is the battery you need to see and control what the spark is doing!
I have had complete loss of power and shutdown about 4 times. As I have a remote controller I can fly it using the joysticks - seems to be all that works.
I fly within sight so I can fly it back and land it, the stabilisation still works so it is quite easy.
With no remote controller it would probably hover till low battery caused it to land where it was?

I now have a double power phone battery and am looking for an app to give me an audible warning of low battery. DJIgo 4 does not show the phone voltage.
To avoid problems
1 Use a Remote Controller
2 Get a High power battery if needed
3 Get Audible low battery Indicator App
My phone is a Samsung Note 4, initially with an old battery.

your phone battery should last a long time.. that means you have a bad battery or old battery thats failing... i use a ipad mini 2 it has 6o00 mah and never goes more than 2 % below what it was.. so make sure if you use a old device the battery is new old stock.... or charge your device to 80% and never below 20% every day only if your phone is on charge it too 100 but if you use a phone just for a drone charge it to 80% the battery will last far longer and be less stressed.. 85% is ok too.... lipos dont like to be at 100% its like being trapped in a dark confined room they need room to breath...

Thanks Locutus40 very good battery info and I wish I had it some time ago.lets hope others see it.
I was also hoping that others may note that they really must fly with the Remote Controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe