Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Phone Mount Options

Exactly my thought process until I tried it myself.
There is nothing bulky in a setup. Mavmount made out of durable yet light weight aluminum.
You don’t mount adapter on remote. It’s other way around.
Very often people painting a picture in their mind that is very distant from factual. In this case you simple don’t know what are you talking about. You are wrong on all points.

I can tell that to you it’s a toy. When you step up your game where your toy is not a toy but a tool you are crossing into different state of mind.

Last edited:
Exactly my thought process until I tried it myself.
There is nothing bulky in a setup. Mavmount made out of durable yet light weight aluminum.
You don’t mount adapter on remote. It’s other way around.
Very often people painting a picture in their mind that is very distant from factual. In this case you simple don’t know what are you talking about. You are wrong on all points.

I can tell that to you it’s a toy. When you step up your game where your toy is not a toy but a tool you are crossing into different state of mind.

I tried the MavMount. But it was inconvenient. And bulky. Exactly as I described.

It's somewhere in the bottom of my closet. You can have it

Not sure if the Spark is a tool or a toy. Call it whatever you want. It still flies

That's not my idea of "convenience"...

You are mounting a tablet into a bulky metal adapter. Then you're mounting the adapter into the remote controller. Then you're mounting the whole apparatus on a tripod. Now you need to buy a longer OTG cable. Plus you've got to lug around a tablet, an adapter and an awkward tripod in addition to the drone and RC and phone!

I just grab my phone, RC and Spark and I'm flying. Now that's convenience !!!

Yeah, I have to agree. I can see such a setup if you're a professional aerial photographer and are doing many takes in a set area, but if that were the case you probably wouldn't be flying a Spark :D

Reactions: Andre Levite
In my desperation to use my Spark with my Note 8 without removing it from its case, I hacked something together with some (very, very old) 1/4" Lexan, 2 vinyl suction cups, 2 screws and 4 washers. I had to drill out the back of the suction cups a bit for the screws to get a good purchase.

You may chuckle if you'd like ... ;)

View attachment 8099View attachment 8100View attachment 8101View attachment 8102

Oh, and I ordered the mount in my original post. It arrives tomorrow :D

I meant to follow up with the status of the crude attempt detailed above.

It isn't a great solution. The suction cups don't seal well against the case. It could be their age ... they've been sitting in the junk drawer for years and they're probably not as pliable as they used to be. It may also be related to the weather; I'm in Maine and the daily high temperatures have been in the 25-35F range.

I actually now have two mounts on the way; one is the replacement for the one I reviewed in an earlier post to this thread. The other one will support either my phone or a tablet (I have an iPad Air that is just sitting around, having been replaced with a Lenovo Android tablet). I'll post my observations once I've had a chance to try it out.

On a somewhat related note ...

I also spent some time flying with my freebie Vizio XR6P10 tablet. It fits the RC grips like it was made for it, has a 6" 16:9 display that perfectly matches the camera's aspect ratio, and has plenty of juice for 4-6 flights. You can find them on eBay for under US$70; they were included with a line of Vizio TVs sold in 2016/2017 and a lot of them went unused. It comes with a wireless charger, but some of the eBay offers don't include it. Make sure you know what you're getting if you decide to buy one. Here's a picture with it mounted in the controller:

20190101_084554 (Medium).jpg

Thanks to everyone that posted their solutions and experiences. It's unfortunate that a now ex-member chose to be uncivil; I found his initial post in this thread to be an interesting option for certain situations, even though it wasn't a solution that fit my current needs.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit