Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Pimp my ride

The last thing I would want to do is apply a camo skin on my Spark. You may as well land it in a lake as you would not likely find it in the woods or grass. I am thinking of using reflective tape on mine. It would make finding it with a flashlight at night very easy. Just my two cents worth.

Reactions: pmshop
I like it! However, with my old eyes, I would need a car headlight on full bright to make mine easier to see at a distance... <sigh> (have considered the Strobon lights.. still thinking about that)

The controller... thats a first for me... I have not seen anyone else pimp that up before. Way Cool
The Strobon lights are outstanding FWIW.

Cool thank you, does it come with an off and on switch
Yes, it has a power switch and a three position switch for three levels of brightness. The connector plug is for mounting it to your mobile device for additional lighting to use for taking pictures and video. It also incorporates two different colors of LEDs to simulate sunlight. It'a a pretty cool light that can even be used as a flashlight if needed. I have seen them on eBay for as little as $4 from some sellers.

Reactions: Madman mike
I hate to break it to you, but the lights listed here do not do much for improving visibility at a distance in broad daylight or even overcast skies. I've tried them all. Even Lumecubes and Arc 4-strobes do not improve VLOS in daylight; you can see the quad beyond the effective distance of the lights in daytime.

TOTALLY different when we are talking twilight and nighttime: that's their time to shine. :)

I can understand and agree with your statement as I don't fly any farther than I can see the drone. Now if I was 400' up at noon, then I probably could not see that light either. Yes, twilight would offer better visibility at a greater distance and LEDs are nowhere near the brightness of a xenon strobe light.

Reactions: Buddy411
LEDs are nowhere near the brightness of a xenon strobe light.

I see those white xenon's on top of cell and radio towers - very visible in broad daylight for well over a mile. Of course the lighting unit and power supply are friggin huge! Not sure there's anything for a small quad like the Spark that will help VLOS in daytime.

BTW - Those 16 LED square lights are awesome. I use them on my quads, planes, RC cars.. Just take a set of pliers and yank 1/8" jack. I get them for under $2 with free shipping from Asia on Ebay.

Face it, squinting to see it a few hundred feet away is always going to be the case. I thought about the lights, I do fly at dusk now and then, not sure the Strobon's would be warranted given that in strong sunlight they are not visible. I've got a new prescription for my glasses... hoping thats going to help! :D

Face it, squinting to see it a few hundred feet away is always going to be the case.

I fly with the prop guards on as it's tough enough to see the Spark at a distance.

The guards do give it a little bit of larger profile to see during the flight.

I fly with the prop guards on as it's tough enough to see the Spark at a distance.

The guards do give it a little bit of larger profile to see during the flight.

I thought about this, but where I am, its nearly always windy... that would add to instability for my AC, but its a great idea... I may do this if I get travelling with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard