Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Polar Pro filters arrived

Hi guys, I am quite new with the drone filters. is a UV filter necessary for a digital camera, eg Spark ? I thought that digital camera does not need UV filter apart from camera production purpose. Is that right ?

is a UV filter necessary for a digital camera, eg Spark ?
A UV filter is going to do nothing but potentially protect the camera lens in a crash.

I see this is an older thread but I have a question. The spark is not only my first dji product but it is my first drone I have purchased with the goal of taking videos and snapshots. I tend to jump ahead and was going to order the six pack of PolarPro filters until I came across this thread. 1) Do I really need them for casual/personal pictures? 2) Do they really pose a problem with the gimbal?

I'll be getting a set myself before I go on vacation.

The ND filters aren't too useful in day to day I find, however the PL filter will really improve contrast and colour on sunny days. I almost never remove the PL filter from my Phantom.

Reactions: SIDEHACK
I'll be getting a set myself before I go on vacation.

The ND filters aren't too useful in day to day I find, however the PL filter will really improve contrast and colour on sunny days. I almost never remove the PL filter from my Phantom.
Your reply has me thinking that I will get a PL filter to try and save buying other filters until I gain more experience. I am still concerned about potential damage the added weight and wind resistance other members have mentioned on the Spark gimbal. I am going to take your advice and try the filter. I can always remove it if problems occur:cool:

I have a set of PolarPros and they work fine.

Panos, Sphere, and Tripod mode all work with no gimbal overload warning.

I've even zipped around in Sports mode and haven't had one fall off...yet :).

When in Sports mode I'm cautious of braking and hard turns so as not to tilt too far and kill the motors. :eek:

I have a set of PolarPros and they work fine.

Panos, Sphere, and Tripod mode all work with no gimbal overload warning.

I've even zipped around in Sports mode and haven't had one fall off...yet :).

When in Sports mode I'm cautious of braking and hard turns so as not to tilt too far and kill the motors. :eek:
Thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear. Now I just need the weather to cooperate.......

Local camera shop had the 3 pack on sale. Decided to get the normal, non cinema series.

Sidehack, dont worry about load or weight. They weigh 0.68g, so light it is hard to pick up! And POlar Pro designed them in conjunction with DJI. They are an approved accessory.

Local camera shop had the 3 pack on sale. Decided to get the normal, non cinema series.

Sidehack, dont worry about load or weight. They weigh 0.68g, so light it is hard to pick up! And POlar Pro designed them in conjunction with DJI. They are an approved accessory.
Thanks! I'll keep my eyes open for a deal.

I have mcUV filter, it’s nicE (bought it in AliExpress -first mistake ahah) BUT I was trying to make automatic shots (panorama and etc) and couldn’t understand why my spark was trembling and showed failure to capture window. Later I found out that it was because of this filter. Was it heavy? Who knows(( now using like a cover for transportation or selfie shots. But not sure that it makes a difference :D

Hi, just pull the trigger on a package of PP Cinema ND filters, first i was considering the polarized but to get the best out of a polarized filter you need to turn the filter.. and that will be a problem when being in the air and shifting positions when you fly around so i went with the ND to just slowdown the shutter speed.

What do you think? i'm mostly looking for a smooth looking video and didn't wan't to spend too much money on all 6.

I have mcUV filter, it’s nicE (bought it in AliExpress -first mistake ahah) BUT I was trying to make automatic shots (panorama and etc) and couldn’t understand why my spark was trembling and showed failure to capture window. Later I found out that it was because of this filter. Was it heavy? Who knows(( now using like a cover for transportation or selfie shots. But not sure that it makes a difference :D
Thanks for sharing your experience. I think following superPHREAK's lead using a quality filter like PolarPro is what I'm looking for. I have some FPV experience but I have zero drone video/photography experience. I hope I have as much fun doing it as I'm having learning about it!!

Reactions: Victoria
Hi, just pull the trigger on a package of PP Cinema ND filters, first i was considering the polarized but to get the best out of a polarized filter you need to turn the filter.. and that will be a problem when being in the air and shifting positions when you fly around so i went with the ND to just slowdown the shutter speed.

What do you think? i'm mostly looking for a smooth looking video and didn't wan't to spend too much money on all 6.

You definitely want ND filters for video, for exactly the reason you said. Even a fixed PL filter is nice to have, and when I think of the CPL filter on my DSLR, I rarely adjust it more than once in a day. Just adjust it on the ground before takeoff. That being said, if you are doing mainly video, then I would say ND is more important, and you can adjust the colours in post.

Reactions: The_wanderer
Thanks for sharing your experience. I think following superPHREAK's lead using a quality filter like PolarPro is what I'm looking for. I have some FPV experience but I have zero drone video/photography experience. I hope I have as much fun doing it as I'm having learning about it!!
Yes, buy only quality filters))) but still spending 20$ for one small filter was not cheap, so very surprised with a quality(

Yes, buy only quality filters))) but still spending 20$ for one small filter was not cheap, so very surprised with a quality(
Yeah. It's tough to judge quality online. What little I have been able to find about filters for the Spark, PolarPro and Freewell get the most positive reviews. PolarPro appears to be Spark Pilot members favorite.

Yeah. It's tough to judge quality online. What little I have been able to find about filters for the Spark, PolarPro and Freewell get the most positive reviews. PolarPro appears to be Spark Pilot members favorite.
If only I knew it before buying. Found out the existence of forums only later :D

FYI B&H photo is offering $10 off $50 if you use Google Pay.

They have all the varieties of Polar Pro Spark Filter packs...

I have the Neewer set. They weigh from 0.65 to 0.69 grams. I do occasionally get the gimbal overload but usually only when flying in fast in sport mode. I do occasionally get panorama errors. Maybe the weight distribution is different.

Reactions: ZooDad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe