Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Police came to my house?

Here it is right from the FAA Page:

Fly under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft
Subscribe
Print
To fly under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft you must:

Fly for hobby or recreation ONLY
Register your model aircraft
Fly within visual line-of-sight
Follow community-based safety guidelines and fly within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization
Fly a drone under 55 lbs. unless certified by a community-based organization
Never fly near other aircraft
Notify the airport and air traffic control tower prior to flying within 5 miles of an airport*
Never fly near emergency response efforts
For more information about what you can do with a model aircraft, please read FAA Advisory Circular 91-57A (PDF) or read the Interpretation of the Special Rule for Model Aircraft (PDF).

If you do not meet these requirements, you must fly under the FAA's small UAS Rule (part 107).

*The person flying the model aircraft is responsible for contacting the airport directly. Many phone numbers for airports are available here:
Airport Data

Many airports have processes for people who fly near their airport, and the model aircraft operator can talk with them directly about how to meet this rule.

Registration Requirements
The FAA requires you to register as a "modeler" and mark your model aircraft with your registration number in case it is lost or stolen.

Registration costs $5 and is valid for 3 years.

More information about the registration process is available through UAS Registration.

Additional Resources
Examples of UAS that do and do not require registration (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
Definition of terms in the Special Rule for Model Aircraft (PDF)

Even in your post there is nothing starting a height restriction under section 336.

Incorrect. Only Part 107 had a height restriction, not 336. Notice in the picture, no height restriction under 336.

We are required to fly under the practices of local or national Model Air Clubs, there are several but the AMA is most likely the best since the FAA has based their laws to fly based on the AMA Rules...you must live outside of the US...

We are required to fly under the practices of local or national Model Air Clubs, there are several but the AMA is most likely the best since the FAA has based their laws to fly based on the AMA Rules...you must live outside of the US...

Go ahead and fly above 400 feet of you like. I prefer not to worry about possible fines, and jail time...but please do not seminate false information. If professional Pilots are not allowed above 400 feet, what makes it ok to fly above 400 feet and not be a Professional Pilot...

Go ahead and fly above 400 feet of you like. I prefer not to worry about possible fines, and jail time...but please do not seminate false information. If professional Pilots are not allowed above 400 feet, what makes it ok to fly above 400 feet and not be a Professional Pilot...

Lol, what makes it ok is that there are no legal restrictions! I personally don't go above 400 ft. But the fact is it's not illegal. So the false information is you stating it's illegal, lol.

Last edited:
Happened to me as well when I was launch my spark from the swimming pool at the island I was staying. It wasn't my intention to disturb anyone I just wanted to capture both scene pool and the sea. Then came an old woman (guest) investigate on me this and that and told me I shouldn't fly at the private area and asked whether I'm a guest too?. I told her yes I'm a guest and asked her to stay home and build her own pool for privacy. I didn't mean to be rude but FYI the resort is full with Westeners and she seems look down towards local like me like I'm a stranger and can't afford to stay at that resort.

View attachment 5025

Prejudice/racism isn't dead, you weren't rude, she was ignorant.

Great picture by the way.

Prejudice/racism isn't dead, you weren't rude, she was ignorant.

Great picture by the way.
It is.. but in his response there is no proof she was being racist in any way. He mention that it "seemed" like she looked down on locals, so saying she was racist is what is keeping racism alive. Everyone assumes you may not agree and it must be because you're a racist. A black man and and white man can't just disagree with one another. Just like men do. It's automatic that one of them is being racist towards the other.

I kept seeing this topic pop back up to the top of the list. I came in to see if it was perhaps going off the rails. Was not disappointed.

Reactions: suprPHREAK
Has anyone heard that amazon and googl/walmart to want to do away with section 336 and they want our air space for them now WTF man JUst leave us alone..

I wonder if there is like a check list with drone that informs law enforcement on what rights a drone pilot has. Maybe some thing you can wear around your neck.
I'll be the first to tell you that at least around here where I live, most LEO (my own dept. included lol), would have to look up the laws on drones if someone called in a complaint. People just don't really know the laws. First would be any local ordinances, then the FAA regulations. For example, here in New Jersey, you cannot fly in any state park. In my county, you cannot fly in any county park either, unfortunately. Just my opinion on the matter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe