Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Poll: How many batteries do you have for your Spark?

How many batteries do you have for your Spark?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have six, two of which are still new-in-box. I bought them to put away and use as replacements for any of my four primary ones if/as they fail (future-proofing, if you will), because the Spark appears to be discontinued. I bought a few spare OEM prop sets as well for the same reason.
I rotate through the four primary ones so they all will receive equal charge cycles over time. I’ve labeled them with numbers. I bought the Fly More combo, so can charge all four at the same time with the charging hub and one in the bird. I also find that 50-ish minutes of flying is about max for me on a given day.

two of which are still new-in-box. I bought them to put away and use as replacements for any of my four primary ones if/as they fail

I was going to do the same thing, have a few in a box ready to go in the future, but I decided to put them in rotation after reading about brand new batteries that are bricked because they sat too long in a warehouse.

The batteries are in hibernation mode until they are activated by the charger. Since the battery is in that state, it still has a little power inside to maintain the hibernation circuitry. If that trickle of power is used up, the battery may be bricked at that point and won't be any use at all.

DJI have replaced the batteries under warranty in the past since they may have sat in a warehouse for a long time. I'm not sure about replacing them for the extended amount of time sitting in the house?

Here's a Battery Video Guide from Rick at Drone Valley.

It's 50 minutes long, but at the 34:00 minute mark, he talks about discharging a battery below that point of hibernation.

Just thought I'd I pass a little information.

Last edited:
I was going to do the same thing, have a few in a box ready to go in the future, but I decided to put them in rotation after reading about brand new batteries that are bricked because they sat too long in a warehouse.

The batteries are in hibernation mode until they are activated by the charger. Since the battery is in that state, it still has a little power inside to maintain the hibernation circuitry. If that trickle of power is used up, the battery may be bricked at that point and won't be any use at all.

DJI have replaced the batteries under warranty in the past since they may have sat in a warehouse for a long time. I'm not sure about replacing them for the extended amount of time sitting in the house?

Here's a Battery Video Guide from Rick at Drone Valley.

It's 50 minutes long, but at the 34:00 minute mark, he talks about discharging a battery below that point of hibernation.

Just thought I'd I pass a little information.
My intention is to charge the ones in reserve every six months or so to ensure they don’t completely deplete and remain in that state. I did so when I first got them to ensure that they would take a charge.

Practically speaking, my flight kit doesn’t easily facilitate six batteries in rotation. My case will hold 3 plus the one in the bird. I don’t carry anything to the field other than my flight case, and I keep an inverter in the car in case I choose to do some recharging while I’m in said car.

Reactions: Spark 317
Three and the portable charging station so that as soon as they cool (~15 mins) it can start recharging. Station holds about 3.5-4 charges depending on depth of discharge.

Love that I can fly a few batteries, relocate in the truck and they’re charged when I arrive. I’ve left it connected to the inverter in my truck and flown probably 11-12 batteries between four locations.

I have six batteries, some new some used, but the used ones had a low charge count when I bought them. This is where we need new tech batteries to replace the cells with a bit more flight time without weight penalties...c’mon Elon!

4 with a Smatree portable charger. Need to add one more to allow for cooling time before charging on the fly. On a full charge, I can recharge each battery 2 or 3 times, but have to let them cool down for 5 or 10 minutes first. 5th battery would keep me flying non stop.

Had nine, retired four of them due to minor swelling.

They work fine but I don't trust them for flight.

Five left.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
I have 4 in use right now out of 6. Two have been retired. One had minor swelling and the other, the button would not work once it heated up. I use the retired batteries to do non flight related things like update firmware, etc.

Chris

The Spark being small has its advantages over larger craft but long battery life while flying is not one of them. I just got my fourth battery yesterday but plan to order a couple more. Curious how many batteries you have for your Spark?
4. One on the spark, three fit in the box and I have the power bank charging station.

Was in Staples the other day and picked up my 5th for $50 CDN. Got some props for 10 bux too! ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers