Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Poll: Is the Spark your first drone?

Is the Spark your first drone?

• Total voters

Previous Member

Join
May 26, 2017
Im trying to get an idea of who is buying the Spark, and their previous history with drone ownership. Feel free to comment on your previous drone ownership.

Reactions: dirkclod
Many Drones
MAVIC PRO, INSPIRE 2 & various 210/240/250 FPV Racers

I fly a phantom 3 but my wife was watching the video when i was and she suprised me by saying she was going to get that so it will be her first

Reactions: Advexure
Yes the Spark will be my first.
I was browsing the Mavic forum and trying to get familiar with this device. It is amazing how complicated it can be! And frightening also, since the forum is full of people having trouble with theirs...
Now that the Spark is out, I am thinking that it will be a better drone for a beginner and perhaps easier to carry as I will travel intensely with it, domestically and internationally.

I fly a phantom 3 but my wife was watching the video when i was and she suprised me by saying she was going to get that so it will be her first

Maybe I should intentionally watch more drone videos with my wife looking over my shoulder :D Never before has she promoted a drone purchase...

Spark is my first. Haven't had much time to use it but I'd like to become proficient with it before jumping into the thousand dollar drones

Hi I’ve just brought the spark I’ve wanted one for ages but only flown it once as the weather is bad here atm[emoji57] I can’t wait to get outdoors with it.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, jimmyfriend2609.

The Spark is my first quad as well.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

My first and second (since I lost one and purchased a second). If all goes well this time next year will consider Mavic2.

Mavic Pro owner. Bought a Spark to take with me on hikes during the summer holidays. Still amazed about how quick and easy the "into the air" process is compared to the Mavic; since you can not alter many settings, you don't need to think about them either. Just get the bird in the air and press record. Footage quality is not really it's strong suit though, but it doesn't help I am used to DSLRs, so I might be preoccupied in that aspect.

I started the year with a viper that my wife bought me from target. It wouldn't get 2 feet off the ground and then flip over. I ended up having a fly a way but recovered it half an hour later because the camera was still transmitting and I recognized one of the houses on the video. I took that back and stopped in sams on the way home to get a mini propel and bounced that around the walls of the house until I became a master! Following week I bought spark fly more from bestbuy!

Mavic Pro owner. Bought a Spark to take with me on hikes during the summer holidays. Still amazed about how quick and easy the "into the air" process is compared to the Mavic; since you can not alter many settings, you don't need to think about them either. Just get the bird in the air and press record. Footage quality is not really it's strong suit though, but it doesn't help I am used to DSLRs, so I might be preoccupied in that aspect.
Try ND filters and make sure you're using the 180° rule.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme