Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Poor Battery time on controller

BobF

Join
Jan 1, 2020
I am having an issue with my controller battery going low on my third flight. it seems to be charging. I bought this used.

I am having an issue with my controller battery going low on my third flight. it seems to be charging. I bought this used.
I did notice that. This should not happen with the system. Going to retry with my tablet fully charged. I'm using a Amazon fire 7 tablet.

I presume you guys are talking about using an OTG cable with your RC amd android device. Be advised, the OTG cable ends are NOT interchangeable even if they're both micro USB. If you plug the wrong end into the RC, it will deplete your device's battery faster. Simply swapping ends of the OTG cable between the RC and the device should fix this problem.

I presume you guys are talking about using an OTG cable with your RC amd android device. Be advised, the OTG cable ends are NOT interchangeable even if they're both micro USB. If you plug the wrong end into the RC, it will deplete your device's battery faster. Simply swapping ends of the OTG cable between the RC and the device should fix this problem.
What is the correct end to controller? One end is flat with diagram.20200101_182043.jpg

Your post fixed the problem. I put the flat sided end into the tablet and it did not charge the tablet. I will do a test tomorrow, I still think my battery is not holding the charge. Thank You.

Reactions: I B Spectre
BobF, I did read where there were problems with the controller battery going bad and needing replacement so you may be correct that it's not holding the charge.

Reactions: BobF
I thought that a dedicated OTG cable was not capable of charging or discharging a device. I am using an OTG cable with my iPad Mini 4 and I have noticed that my controller seems to be discharging more than it did before. But then again, it is two years old but with minimal use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme