Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Portable Charging Station troubleshooting

41Flyer

Join
Apr 20, 2019
I got the fly more combo that included the Portable Charging Station. I have it loaded with 2 batteries and the drone. When I turn it on with out a power plug, all the lights come on for a while, then go out. When I check the drone, it has only charged for 2 lights on the battery. When I plug in the station to power, it still seems like the drone charger is not charging the battery attached to the drone but the 2 side batteries are getting recharged.

Any tips?

1 redesign tip I would have for this is to have a place to set the remote onto it so when I am recharging everything, it fits nicely.

yes. 1 tap of the button shows 4 lights. it powers up like all the other DJI things with the 2 tap system.

the 4 dot lights are full, the 3 dash lights are green. the middle dash starts off with a pulsing but then goes solid, the other 2 are solid green the whole time. In the time it took me to write all that, the all the lights are off now. BUT, checking all 3 batteries, they are 4 dots.

So the ole technology fix: describe a problem to someone and when it is time to check it, the problem has gone away.

Oh well, guess I need to run down the batteries to test again, time for some flight action!!

May I know at what temperature you were operating? I had some problem with my charging station as well the other day. So I downloaded its manual from the internet and found that the working temperature range is 5°C to 40°C only. It was a 34°C day and leaving my stuff out in the sun must have heated them beyond 40°C. Everything was back to normal when they cooled down.

I got the fly more combo that included the Portable Charging Station. I have it loaded with 2 batteries and the drone. When I turn it on with out a power plug, all the lights come on for a while, then go out. When I check the drone, it has only charged for 2 lights on the battery. When I plug in the station to power, it still seems like the drone charger is not charging the battery attached to the drone but the 2 side batteries are getting recharged.

Any tips?

1 redesign tip I would have for this is to have a place to set the remote onto it so when I am recharging everything, it fits nicely.
I find I sometimes have to push down on the Spark initially to get it to charge or if that doesn’t work I push on the springy contacts where the Spark goes and then it works.

Chris

Great feedback, thanks!! When I drain a battery out in the field flying, I am quick to get it back on the charger so that we can stay in the air longer. I will monitor that closer.

Currently I just plan for 3 batteries worth of flight. When filming Lacrosse games, the games start 2 hours apart so I can have some batteries ready for the next game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme