Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Possible OTG cable failure

Putz

Join
Mar 5, 2018
Second flight with my new otg cable today and it was a nervous success. I flew upto about 400ft and out about 750, right to the limit of my LOS. On a nice gray cloudy day like today it's alot easier to see that black speck. All of a sudden I lost video feed and connection. So I waited a minute to see if it would come back, it did not. I tried to restart the app and that didn't help. At this time I lost the position of my black speck and instantly thought I was the latest battery drop casualty. So I was getting ready to power everything down when I noticed the red/green connection led was still green. Meaning my remote was still connected. So I hit the RTH, I recieved a couple of fast beeps but not the RTH beeping. So I restarted the remote and the app on my phone. Starting to regain some hope however it's now been several minutes. As soon as my controller booted up and the app connected to my phone, now through wifi, I was instantly greeted with a live video feed and a spark that was already in route back home. With in a few seconds I heard then saw the spark. I safely canceled the RTH and landed with 38% on the battery. So I'm asking now if anyone else has experienced this? What did you do to get the drone back? Could I have made things easier by doing something else? I only lost LOS once I started messing with the controller and app to regain control. Also Im not sure why I needed to restart the remote to initiate RTH.

You must hold rth button for some seconds, to have rth initiated.

In your case rth was activated, when RC disconnected from AC.

The device disconnection was due to cable failure, or some problem of your device. I usually set my device in airplane mode.

I had a OTG cable failure in flight and the phone mentioned "disconnected" (which is different from "no signal" when you loose connection between RC and AC).
RC remained fully operational, and as said, including RTH.
The question i have now is, if you fly OTG in NON airplane mode, would wifi automatically take over in case you unplug OTG?

I had a OTG cable failure in flight and the phone mentioned "disconnected" (which is different from "no signal" when you loose connection between RC and AC).
RC remained fully operational, and as said, including RTH.
The question i have now is, if you fly OTG in NON airplane mode, would wifi automatically take over in case you unplug OTG?
Looking for that same answer. Wouldnt it be better to have backup?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar