Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Post here if you are in Canada

Elliot Lake in Ontario here. Got my Spark two days ago, first real drone. So far just managed to fly it around the house a bit. Hardly wait to get her outside.

B

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland in the lower 48, Barbara.

The Spark is a sweet little machine.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Even on cloudy days, it's a nice view.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks 317, Nice view Ron. It's been snowing and yesterday it rained almost all day. Today the temperature dipped to -23 C. Haven't really had much of a chance to get the bird outside. Realistically, how low a temperature can you safely operate the Spark at? Or is just a matter of reduced battery performance?

No point complaining, wouldn"t work anyway.

Thanks 317, Nice view Ron. It's been snowing and yesterday it rained almost all day. Today the temperature dipped to -23 C. Haven't really had much of a chance to get the bird outside. Realistically, how low a temperature can you safely operate the Spark at? Or is just a matter of reduced battery performance?

DJI states the operating range is 0-40 degrees C but I've flown -6 before with no problems. Other members have flown in colder temps but have mentioned the camera gimbal gets slow and sticky due to the cold.

Always start with warm batteries, never cold. Keep them in an interior pocket to stay warm.The flight time is slightly shorter but shouldn't keep you from getting some nice winter pictures. You really shouldn't fly when it is snowing as it may affect the sensors and possible icing of the props during flight.

DJI states the operating range is 0-40 degrees C but I've flown -6 before with no problems. Other members have flown in colder temps but have mentioned the camera gimbal gets slow and sticky due to the cold.

Always start with warm batteries, never cold. Keep them in an interior pocket to stay warm.The flight time is slightly shorter but shouldn't keep you from getting some nice winter pictures. You really shouldn't fly when it is snowing as it may affect the sensors and possible icing of the props during flight.

Figured it must be possible, considering all the winter videos I'm seeing. It has warmed up today, -2 C, but light snow, so still no go for me.

B

Not sure as I’m new to flying drones

Hey... I'm near Edmonton and awaiting the arrival of the Spark Flymore!

Last edited:
Mississauga Ontario. I love my Spark. I got a really nice case for Christmas (Nanuk 905) and a Threeking tablet holder.

If we ever see the sun again, I’ll get some miles put on this quad.

Reactions: scottyahole
I live in Elliot Lake ON... I decide to see what happens in a no fly zone... It said cannot fly then ready to fly and when I started to fly to proceed to land... Wasn't even three feet up... Which is a good thing....

I live in Elliot Lake ON... I decide to see what happens in a no fly zone... It said cannot fly then ready to fly and when I started to fly to proceed to land... Wasn't even three feet up... Which is a good thing....
I'm in Elliot Lake too. Just over 4 km from the end of the runway. I've had no trouble flying near the house, though I'm limited to 60 m altitude, and have to acknowledge the warning. Generally don't fly from home though, testing only and stick to tree top height.

Nova Scotia here. Mostly fly over salt water (naturally, I guess since we have lots of it) salt marshes and beaches. (unoccupied) Love my spark, great little aircraft.

I'm in Elliot Lake too. Just over 4 km from the end of the runway. I've had no trouble flying near the house, though I'm limited to 60 m altitude, and have to acknowledge the warning. Generally don't fly from home though, testing only and stick to tree top height.
I am on Willoughby Rd.... I have mine set to 50 m max height good enough for me...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef