Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Precise Fly Safe Database Update

Macinfo

Join
Aug 2, 2019
I am getting prompted to update the the Precise Fly DB, in DJI Go, and it downloads the file and then says its updating 0% and then after a minute or so, it give and update failed to Update, retry or cancel. The options are limited, I can start over, it downloads it again it seems in seconds and then continues to fail... any workarounds to get this to install?

thanks

I am getting prompted to update the the Precise Fly DB, in DJI Go, and it downloads the file and then says its updating 0% and then after a minute or so, it give and update failed to Update, retry or cancel. The options are limited, I can start over, it downloads it again it seems in seconds and then continues to fail... any workarounds to get this to install?

thanks

Download via home WiFi, install via Spark WiFi.

Download the packet via home WiFi and when the prompt pops up that says "installing", minimize the Go4 app, go into the device WiFi settings and switch to the Spark WiFi.

Open up the Go4 app and be patient, it should start installing the update and you'll be up to date soon.

It's best to have the Spark and remote close to the WiFi router for a good strong signal.

I think you can use the DJI assistant installed on a PC with the Spark connected, but I've never used it as I have received and installed all updates via the WiFi dance.

Good luck.

Reactions: twickers14
Thanks for the feedback, one clarifying question I think.., Do you connect to the WIFI of the Spark itself, or the controller. My Spark is paired to controller, so the Spark Wifi does not show up, but the Controller-WiFi does.

I've had it connected via an OTG cable, and if that's the issue, thats Ok, I think it should work, either way, but since its failing, How many hoops would I have to jump through to get the Spark WIFI enabled if thats the only way to update this database?

Just have everything powered up like you're getting ready to fly.

Remote, Spark, and the device.

Thanks, I connected to the Controller WiFi and was able to update the database.

I think its a bug in DJI Go 4 if I cannot update that DB via the OTG cable, to me it should work either way... Is this DB being stored in Spark Memory I assume, or does it reside in the controller?

Thanks, I connected to the Controller WiFi and was able to update the database.

I think its a bug in DJI Go 4 if I cannot update that DB via the OTG cable, to me it should work either way... Is this DB being stored in Spark Memory I assume, or does it reside in the controller?
I believe its in the bird itself.

I assume the Spark so it can talk with the GPS chip once the Home Point has been established.

Thanks for all the feedback, another problem bites the dust. Makes sense too, the Spark probably needs the data embedded in its controller...

Reactions: Spark 317
I think its a bug in DJI Go 4 if I cannot update that DB via the OTG cable, to me it should work either way...

It works either way. I always use OTG, both while flying and for installing updates. I just make sure that the mobile device is close to the home WiFi router.

It works either way. I always use OTG, both while flying and for installing updates. I just make sure that the mobile device is close to the home WiFi router.
It downloaded the file, it just wouldn’t install it, until I switched from the OTG cable to WiFi. For flying, the OTG cable works perfectly

It downloaded the file, it just wouldn’t install it, until I switched from the OTG cable to WiFi. For flying, the OTG cable works perfectly

That's strange. It could be a bug with a particular version of OS or app version you are using. I use Android and always stay updated to the latest version of the Go4 app. Never ran into any issues in updating. Anyway, good to know that you have got around the problem.

thanks
The thing is unless your connected to the internet at the time you get the message you ain't gona update anything

The thing is unless your connected to the internet at the time you get the message you ain't gona update anything
I was connected to the Internet, the issue appears to be that it did not want to update using the OTG cable, but did over WiFi.

The update downloaded without issues, as it downloads first and then tries to update the Spark. That's where it failed until connecting to the remote via WiFi. Odd issue, I am thinking its a "Go 4" bug, but who knows.. May the next one will work fine, no matter how I install it.

All my updates have been done without the OTG cable.

Sorry to interrupt again, but all my updates have been done with the OTG cable without any issues. Yes, there were compatibility issues of the cable during the initial days of the Spark, but it works fine now across OS and apps.

Reactions: SoccerRef12

thanks
dont update just hit ignore.. dont turn on your wifi before you turn on the drone or remote leave wifi off then it wont prompt you to do anything.. thats how it finds out it checks with online sources.. so dont use wifi i dont and i never get a update etc or that window that says update your safe zones

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme