Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Precise Fly Safe Database

ralf

Join
Nov 20, 2018
Every time I load up the DJI app to fly I get a message saying to update the database but when I click on the update button it says "Updating 0%" then after a few minutes says "Failed to Update"
Can anyone help me with this please.

Every time I load up the DJI app to fly I get a message saying to update the database but when I click on the update button it says "Updating 0%" then after a few minutes says "Failed to Update"
Can anyone help me with this please.
You need an internet connection to download the database, either WiFi or cellular.

Reactions: ralf
Those updates can also be installed from the DJI Assistant 2 application. If needed, you can download that installer from the Spark downloads page.

I had a hard time getting the update to complete until I connected my phone directly to the Spark rather than using the Remote Controller.

Just did mine last night and it was an effort. Did it indoors with the Spark and RC next to each other. Tried with and without wifi and finally achieved with it on. Never had the problem before-perhaps they’ve never updated the FlySafe Database before.

Reactions: Andre Levite
Just did mine last night and it was an effort. Did it indoors with the Spark and RC next to each other. Tried with and without wifi and finally achieved with it on. Never had the problem before-perhaps they’ve never updated the FlySafe Database before.

I'm glad that solved your problem too.

I picked up that tip when backing up my laptop hard drive over wifi. If you get the two devices within inches of each other there is less chance of dropped packets and failed transfers. Less interference as well.

Thankfully I've only had to do that particular DJI update once. It's a drag

Reactions: twickers14
I'd be surprised if the first try worked for anybody. Took me 6-7 attempts with all components crowded next to wifi router. But that worked!
Well guess what, I got a Precise Flysafe database update prompt yesterday and it got updated on the very first attempt. :cool: The update did get stuck at 62% for a couple of mins but I kept my patience and everything went fine.

Reactions: twickers14
I get bored about unsuccessful flight database update and keep trying to update, several times. Once I was successful with the update... big surprise did come after in the field, Esc status error No2. The bird did fly very well before thru 2 years, I really think the update is the reason. I did try reinstall GO4 app, downgrade FW, upgrade to latest FW, factory reset all of them was done 2x no luck.. I have still esc status error NO. Any hint what should I do?

I was having troubles updating until I had to disconnect OTG cable. Upload was completed first try afterwards.

Last edited:
After several attempts via the RC, I connected my phone (with the app) directly to the Spark's wifi. The update ran immediately with no problem at all.

Reactions: pmshop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav