Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Prop guards

buzzard4

Join
Mar 28, 2018
How much difference does flying with the prop guards in place make to the time flying and stability?

Prop guards don’t make any difference to a spark’s stability, the small amount of extra weight would shorten the flight time. I can’t tell how much shorter, when I use the guards its because I am concerned about the proximity of hazards such as trees. Flying gently near trees with prop guards uses less power than throwing a spark about in an open field without prop guards.

The reason I asked is because I have a set of sprung legs for my spark and they certainly affect it in strong wind. The stability with no accessories is outstanding.

I should add I'm only concerned over long distance, out of sight. Don't know how RTH works in an unstable situation. Again, as a stand alone drone the spark is brilliant.

I can’t help, sorry. Never flown in that situation. You may need to experiment with prop guards in high wind yourself. I don’t know any pilots that fly a spark, out of sight, in strong winds, with prop guards attached. You could be the trailblazer, so let everyone know what you find out.

You will loose 1-2 min. flight time.
Max. speed will be a bit lower and Spark is more vulnerable to high winds, though I havn’t done any real testing on that. Please post your findings if you do some tests.

My main reason against using prop guards regularly is their storing size and as a result the hassle of permanently attaching/detaching them, which counteracts the small footprint and quick launching capabilities of the Spark. Though they propably had prevented a crash, when I flew into a tree recently. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmizzoni