Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Question about Spark batteries and the DJI Spark portable charging station

Andrei

Join
Jan 4, 2019
Hi

Along with my Spark I acquired a DJI Spark portable charging station which I absolutely love and which I highly recommend to all Spark users (it charges 3 batteries at the same time, to detached one and one inside the Spark while providing the latter with an excellent, safe, carrying case. My question is this:

I have read that you should not keep the Spark batteries charged. But what do you do if you plan to go to fly your drone, get the charging station and all your batteries fully charged, and then have to cancel that trip? Do you need to manually somehow discharge your batteries (if yes, how?) or does the charging station do that for you (I have seen some people indicating that the charging station can do that automatically - is that so?)?

How you deal with fully charged batteries when you cannot use them for flying?

Thanks!

But what do you do if you plan to go to fly your drone, get the charging station and all your batteries fully charged, and then have to cancel that trip?
The batteries will auto discharge down to the proper storage level if not used. Just don't make a habit of charging them and not using them.

Reactions: Andrei
It takes 10 days to start the auto discharge sequence and they will discharge down to 60% (3rd LED blinking).
Also note - If you press the test button during the 10 day period the timer will reset and start over. So, don't keep checking them if you want them to discharge.

Reactions: Andrei and Arabak58
I ran into this problem with the charging station and leaving my batteries in it. One day I opened the case and noticed it was warm in the charging station. I deduced that it was the batteries that had discharged to 70% and produced some heat while doing so (with the case closed). So over the winter I have been leaving the case open with the spark and batteries in the station..All seems good

Al

I ran into this problem with the charging station and leaving my batteries in it. One day I opened the case and noticed it was warm in the charging station. I deduced that it was the batteries that had discharged to 70% and produced some heat while doing so (with the case closed). So over the winter I have been leaving the case open with the spark and batteries in the station..All seems good

Al
Good point had not thought about that. I likewise have been leaving the case shut. Not now ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis