Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Question on iPad Mini4

rick

Join
Nov 3, 2017
Loc
Lake Norman,NC
I was out flying yesterday with air temperatures at 84°-85°. I found the iPad mini4 and Spark were unusually hot to the touch after 1 battery flight. I remember someone posting a recommendation to change a setting that would help. Anyone know the answer?

How was the humidity? I notice my iPad 4 gets warm if it’s hot/humid, especially if it’s in direct sunlight. This is why I switched over to using my iPhone 8+. The processor seems to do a much better job of handling the app during flight.

Well the humidity probably in mid 80°. I think I remember he/she recommended turning off Blue Tooth which I did without results

DJI recommends closing all background apps. This potentially lowers the temperature of the iPad's processor.

Can turn off the WiFi antenna too (if using OTG cable).

A sun shade/hood is a must! The iPad is a mostly black and metal which are prone to rapid solar heating. And without a hood the glare makes an iPad screen really hard to see.

A sun shade/hood is a must!.

Or standing in the shade if possible, which I prefer to do here in Florida in August anyway :cool: I have a mini4 which I like to use. It's always in airplane mode for flights, and I never do recording. Although I might under certain circumstances but it tends to lag then.

Ediit, I mean screen recording, it's almost always doing internal recordings

What seems to make my mini 4 get hot is when the back lights are turned all the way up for long periods of time. When the back light is set to auto it will adjust its self to the highest setting in the sun, so I use a hood and turn off the auto backlight adjustment. Then I set the backlight as low as it will go and still be usable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers