Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Quick Installation Intelligent Aircraft Landing Stabilizer For DJI Spark

Ralle

Join
Aug 7, 2019
Hello!
does anyone have experience with such feet?
what would be the best option?

Attachments

• Spark-222.jpg
    Spark-222.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 157
I have the type shown in the upper right corner of the illustration. It came in an accessory assortment with a gimbal guard & protector and an RC stick protector. It keeps the Spark higher off the ground and helps keep debris from getting into the gimbal. Problem is, I have to choose between using prop guards or the extending landing legs and I prefer the prop guards. I have seen a type that has both prop guards and extended legs in a single design which I think offers the best of both features.

Reactions: Spark 317
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Ralle.

I guess it depends on what may work best for you.

I have purchased 2 of the 4 displayed at different times and I don't use them anymore as I hand launch / land my Spark.

I purchased the top / left first, tried it, and it seemed flimsy.

I also purchased the bottom / right version from PolarPro because it had cool collapsible landing legs that fold for easy storage. They friction fit to the Spark but not tight enough to my liking.

The one that is pictured is solid and cheaper than the PolarPro.

Whatever you decide, it's best to use some sort of landing pad to keep the dust from circulating into the Spark cooling vents, motors, and gimbal.

A simple lid from a 5 gallon bucket worked for me.

20180728_195052.jpg

Good luck. :)

I use the ones shown in the lower left (the springy ones). I like them because it keeps the spark farther off the ground. I have never hard landed so don't know if the springs help. I frequently hand land now and they do get in the way.

upper left is an invitation to get a prop or two as it invites a tip over while landing on some surfaces. landing on your had is the best option. Take off is the problem but I've always been able to find something to safely launch from ...except the time I picked a large rock and it turned out to be broken concrete containing re-bar. Yike's..not good.my bad;(

Hello!
does anyone have experience with such feet?
what would be the best option?
I have the set in upper right corner. They work well
and fit solid on my Spark. I bought the rail type too,
but definitely prefer URHC type.

I also ordered these a week ago, did not come yet. Are these useless or the battery stays in place. So far it has remained, some say they are falling.
Compatibility is a mystery the springy ones ?
I haven't ordered any feet ?
sorry for bad english, google translator :(

Attachments

• suojakaari spark.jpg
    suojakaari spark.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 18
I alrdered these a week ago, did not come yet. Are these useless or the battery stays in place. So far it has remained, some say they are falling.
Compatibility is a mystery the springy ones ?
I haven't ordered any feet ?
sorry for bad english, google translator :(

I use to have one but don't use it anymore.

As long as you PLUG the battery into the Spark correctly and give the battery a slight TUG to insure it doesn't pull off, you should be fine.

I like to fly with the prop guards and the battery clip does not work with the guards.

I have nine batteries with the old tabs and haven't had any problems with the PLUG and TUG method.

Reactions: Ralle
Why spending money for a landing gear that also adds unneccessary weight to your Spark? Just use your hands to land. I do so since the very first day - it's absolutely no problem:

- Let the Spark hover in front of you
- Hold your arm outstretched with your palm showing up ~50cm below the Spark
- Pull stick down to land in your hand. Spark will recognize your hand and slow down before touching it
- Keep holding the throttle stick down until Spark cuts off the motors by itself. Done.

It's really easy - and allows you to land anywhere, PLUS: it looks **** cool in front of spectators ;)

Reactions: Spark 317
Why spending money for a landing gear that also adds unneccessary weight to your Spark? Just use your hands to land. I do so since the very first day - it's absolutely no problem:

- Let the Spark hover in front of you
- Hold your arm outstretched with your palm showing up ~50cm below the Spark
- Pull stick down to land in your hand. Spark will recognize your hand and slow down before touching it
- Keep holding the throttle stick down until Spark cuts off the motors by itself. Done.

It's really easy - and allows you to land anywhere, PLUS: it looks **** cool in front of spectators ;)

It's also easy to hand land using the auto land button set to a function button on the controller, and the motors will shut down automatically once the Spark lands on your palm. Best to orient the Spark so the rear is facing you to avoid problems with the front obstacle sensor. Just orient the Spark and place your open palm horizontally under the hovering craft and push the auto land button (for ease of use I set this to a function button, which eliminates the need to slide the slider to confirm or the need to manually shutt down the motors, which simplifies the landing, since you don't need to do anything else with the controller after pushing the auto land button. I often take off the same way, especially in dusty areas or where there is no smooth, level terrain.

For landing I've occasionally taken to just hovering about head high, then from behind, just grabbing it and turning it on it's side. Shuts off immediately. Haven't caught my fingers in the props, yet. Mostly I use the landing pad or some other convenient surface.

It's also easy to hand land using the auto land button set to a function button on the controller, and the motors will shut down automatically once the Spark lands on your palm. Best to orient the Spark so the rear is facing you to avoid problems with the front obstacle sensor. Just orient the Spark and place your open palm horizontally under the hovering craft and push the auto land button (for ease of use I set this to a function button, which eliminates the need to slide the slider to confirm or the need to manually shutt down the motors, which simplifies the landing, since you don't need to do anything else with the controller after pushing the auto land button. I often take off the same way, especially in dusty areas or where there is no smooth, level terrain.
can do so with gloves on

can do so with gloves on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex