Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Quick shot Rocket issue when using the phone

RebelPro

Join
Aug 30, 2018
Hello everyone! As I recently got the Spark after having the Mavic for a year already, I've been testing the drone with hand gestures and using the cell phone to get familiarized with those in case ever leave the remote at home.

All Quickshots seem to work fine BUT there is one major issue, specifically with the Rocket mode. After adjusting the max height (which sometimes shows the slider and some others it doesn't), the Spark do its thing, goes up recording the video, stops when it's supposed to and starts to descend.... but instead of coming all the way down it just stays high enough so the phone signal doesn't reach the drone.

Luckily I'm able to connect the controller to gain control of the drone and lower it to where I am. This is an issue, again, because if I don't have the remote with me, and for whatever reason I use this option, I'm afraid I'll have to wait for the battery to die so it descends and lands.

All other Quickshot modes work fine, the drone finished and returns to its original location.

Any idea why is doing this or how to fix this problem?

It doesn't happen to me, because I don't use gestures very much, but it should descent to its initial height.

If it fails to return every time you use rocket, I would suggest a firmware reset, using DJI assistant.

On the other hand, if using rc, spark flies without issue, don't bother, because gestures don't work flawlessly all the time.

It doesn't happen to me, because I don't use gestures very much, but it should descent to its initial height.

If it fails to return every time you use rocket, I would suggest a firmware reset, using DJI assistant.

On the other hand, if using rc, spark flies without issue, don't bother, because gestures don't work flawlessly all the time.

Quick shots are not available when using hand gestures, it is only available when using the phone (either by itself or with the RC). I did a reset tonight so I'll be checking tomorrow morning if it helped with this issue.

Quick shots are not available when using hand gestures, it is only available when using the phone (either by itself or with the RC). I did a reset tonight so I'll be checking tomorrow morning if it helped with this issue.
Of course you're right, don't know what was thinking of, I messed up with "waving" gesture.

Seems that doing rocket video, loses signal, and then instead of returning to the initial altitude, just hovers.
It doesn't rth either.

Still think that a fw reset maybe helped, but for better, don't use automated functions that should result to a disconnection, mainly when not using rc.

Personally don't fly without RC, because range is terrible, and a disconnected drone is a dangerous drone, and also a flyaway is possible.

Looks like an oversight but the easy fix is using RC so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Since you have both, are you noticing less "smoothness" with the Spark as soon as some type of rotation is involved, like in circle mode where I can never get it to provide smooth footage or maintain its distance ? Actually I don't think that the Mavic has the circle flight mode but I've seen very smooth POI footage. Would be the same problem for Helix. Oh and the Spark is limited to 120m dronies when the Mavic seems to go up to 200 meters and more smoothly too, although the Spark is acceptable in that mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis