Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Quirky Spark problems

Chrislaf

Join
Oct 12, 2017
Loc
ON, Canada
I am having a couple of quirky problems that I am hoping someone has some solutions to as they are causing me to be extra cautious when flying my Spark.

First, aircraft orientation is not accurate in compass or map. My aircraft orientation is always inaccurate in both GO4 and in Litchi and in the radar and map view. Sometimes it is exactly opposite the orientation but most of the time it is off by about 45º or more. It is occasionally accurate but rarely. I usually fly in Litchi and know about the toggle for facing north or relative to controller. I have calibrated the compass numerous times but it seems to have no effect. I have a P3S and have flown it from the same locations as my Spark and the aircraft orientation is always accurate. This problem worries me because if my Spark ever goes into RTH I am not sure whether it will come back to the home point accurately.

Second, on startup a few times my Spark has given me a no image transmission error. Screen is dark but I do have telemetry. This has always happened when I am readying for takeoff. I usually have to power down the controller, app and Spark completely before it will come back up with image transmission. It has happened in both GO4 and Litchi.

In both cases above the Spark appears to be handling properly in the air and all the controls are responding.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Chris

The only time I have had weird stuff happen with my spark is when using Litchi. Not DJI. Coincidence? Maybe

The only time I have had weird stuff happen with my spark is when using Litchi. Not DJI. Coincidence? Maybe
I actually find Litchi more reliable and prefer it to GO4. Problems I am having are ocurring in both apps.

For your 2nd issue, are you using OTG? I've heard of that happening with people that had bad/loose OTG cables.
No. Not using OTG cable just WiFi. Don’t even have OTG.

Had the Spark out today at the ruins of an abandoned settlement in a rural area. I had no problems this time with the orientation in both GO4 and Litchi and the camera feed was fine. I’m beginning to think the problems I was having were from WiFi interference. The previous location was at a beach in an area with lots of nearby houses and WiFi networks. Didn’t think the interference could mess up the orientation display and cause the camera feed to go out.

Had the Spark out today at the ruins of an abandoned settlement in a rural area. I had no problems this time with the orientation in both GO4 and Litchi and the camera feed was fine. I’m beginning to think the problems I was having were from WiFi interference. The previous location was at a beach in an area with lots of nearby houses and WiFi networks. Didn’t think the interference could mess up the orientation display and cause the camera feed to go out.

Interesting...I often fly from my back yard and there is a LOT of wifi all around me but I haven't had any issues at all yet.

I had similar problems. I calibrate the compass before every flight. Also ditch any metallic objects like watch, rings and stuff. I even take my Leatherman of me. Any metal object within 1.5m will affect your compass.

I had similar problems. I calibrate the compass before every flight. Also ditch any metallic objects like watch, rings and stuff. I even take my Leatherman of me. Any metal object within 1.5m will affect your compass.
I don’t calibrate my compass unless prompted too or there are problems like incorrect orientation. I have always flown my Spark and P3S with my watch (analog) and wedding ring on so I don’t think that is the problem. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Chris

Interesting...I often fly from my back yard and there is a LOT of wifi all around me but I haven't had any issues at all yet.
When I was at the beach area where I had problems my iphone was picking up 7or 8 WiFi networks. Also, there is a sailing club next to the beach but is closed until the ice on the lake melts - not sure if they are running any devices that would cause interference.

Chris

Same issue with aircraft orientation being different than what's shown in the app. I use Samsung Note 8 and wifi and OTG it happens with both. I'm wondering if the magnets in the phone are effecting the RC so it can't find the true orientation? Just a guess, I also have run onto the "aircraft is disconnected" issue, find a complete reboot the best way to fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast