Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Range test last night 1.7 miles!

Amphibious ops are always frightening. If you get a chance, tell us how it went? Connection loss, type of device, any 3rd party accessories to facilitate the ride.
If you have the time. They do help.

Dji spark, $9.99 best buy range extenders, android Samsung galaxy S8 wifi . Returned to home failed , lost connection and it returned home slow but safely with 28% battery left. I have been reading that flying over water can increase fly aways. I think this was my last test like this.

Thx, White Knight. Lol
So in your opinion, did the extenders do the job? Did you find yourself having to properly aim the remote, when you did start losing the signal?

Yes! Best $9.99 spent! I did have to adjust them from time to time. Video signal got choppy at around 6000ft but never did lose completely until the very end. That's when I hit return to home and it failed. I then lost connection to the aircraft . Longest 5 seconds of my life until I heard her lovely voice again saying it was returning to home.

Reactions: herdh
Lolol, you are SO right. I felt the same way hearing her voice during specific maneuvers that I was not totally in control of. The same, signal loss.
Glad it worked out. And thx for sharing your thoughts and the equipment used.
Cheers

Reactions: The White Knight
A lot of long range test are conducted over water as it reflects the signal much more, plus you get minimum interfearance. I do all my range testing in remote areas over land, since I spend more time flying in those conditions, as opposed to flying over water.

Last edited:
Reactions: The White Knight
Dji spark, $9.99 best buy range extenders, android Samsung galaxy S8 wifi . Returned to home failed , lost connection and it returned home slow but safely with 28% battery left. I have been reading that flying over water can increase fly aways. I think this was my last test like this.
What app are you using. I have the s8 and Wi-Fi is very laggy on it I always use otg and 4.1.15. Thanks

Good job!

Nice! You are a master risk taker. Losing your Spark is sort of like having your favorite dog get hit by a car. I think you were lucky to get it back. Nice show and tell though....wow.

Reactions: Daniel Zarza Aguado
I can see why you guy's fly over water, due to the populated areas you are in. Here we have a vast open Prairie to fly low and long flights over. Water still concerns me though, because once it's down, there is little, to no chance of recovery. We have spring rains now and flood water is everywhere, it does help in reflecting the signal and you will get better range, but at a cost of zero recovery if the Spark comes up short on power on the return trip.

Reactions: Tom Croley

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy