Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RC Controller Will Not Shut Down

Nikon1

Join
May 31, 2017
Loc
South Jersey
I was flying the Spark using the Remote Controller and experimenting with some shots. The Spark got done to about 20% battery so I shut it down and brought it into the house. After powering down the Spark, I swapped out the battery restarted it and went to download the photos and videos. About 3 minutes in, I lost connection and the status LED started blinking.

At this point, the Remote Controller would not shut off and it started beeping very loudly.

The Red Status light is blinking twice rapidly, followed by a pause of a about a second and then blinking twice. The Battery Level LED is solid except for the far right, which is blinking.
If I touch any button on the RC, the beeping stops for a few minutes and then starts again.

If I try to connect my iPad to the WiFi on the RC, it asks for the RC password, but immediately jumps to my house WiFi.

I tried relinking the RC to the AC but it won't do anything.

HELP! The RC seems very warm on the bottom, under the DJI label.

To turn off other dji controllers and drones you push the power button once, then once again, holding the button down until the lights power down. I'm sure you're aware of this but if not that could be your solution.

Reactions: Nikon1
I was really getting worried by the warmth under the label, so I dropped it in the freezer for about 20 minutes and I couldn't hear the beeping. When I took it out, I pushed a few buttons and then did the "normal" power down sequence and it seemed to have worked.

I'll wait until tomorrow and see what happens when i power it up.

Thanks for your suggestion!

I wonder if I unlinked the RC from the AC by accidentally holding the power button in too long when I was moving the AC.

Everything is "down for the night" and I did recharge both Spark batteries.

Tomorrow is another day.

Thanks, Rob

Reactions: Previous Member
FYI- I just experienced this exact same issue. FWIW- It went down in the exact same scenario as Nikon1

Happened to me today after Spark lost connection to RC. Spark was 30 feet away over house. It quicky tried to go up to return to home height and I could not stop it. At about 80 feet it hit a fir tree and tumbled to the ground. Fortunately the ground was soft. Still working as far as I can tell. How do you stop it from moving when it disconnects?

I just experienced this issue after connecting with otg and then attempting to change the return home altitude (which was set at a red 0). I usually have it at 100 meters and noticed that after connecting to otg it changed to 0. The pause then power button trick worked but only after a few tries. Powered up remote and was able to reconnect without issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex