Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RC UPDATE

Glen e

Join
May 27, 2017
just got it, easy hassle free install.

How do you update it? I have had zero issues using the phone and now that my RC came in I have constant disconnects. I didn't see an update available in the DJI Go 4 app, any details appreciated.

Turn on the RC (leave aircraft off) and go into the DJI app. Once the RC connects the main screen will tell you if you are up to date.

Can you still connect with OTG? On DJI Forums there was a guy claiming that OTG did not work anymore after the update.

Is USB OTG still working ?
There were reports of a BETA RC FW that killed USB.

Ender

From where would you get this beta version ?
I have 01.00.0100 currently (update at day 0) and OTG is working. No new version shown by the app.

Reactions: Born In The Bronx
On DJI forum Why So Many Firmware Updates? ? ?, there was some firmware released as "internal".
But these are non-official version, only internal and you have no idea of its purpose and what is solve/broke.
Personally, in the current situation, I would never touch such beta firmware and wait for an "official release".

Reactions: Animal
If DJI removes support for OTG in newer firmware, I'm not updating!!
OTG with the spark controller/phone is the only way to go in my opinion.

OTG still works when connected to the goggles, but I can't connect to my mobile device anymore. I have an iPhone and iPad mini. Maybe it's only Apple products that it won't connect to anymore.

Edit: I misspoke. I must have not made a good connection the first time, now I can connect to my ipad mini2 as well as my goggles.

Last edited:
OTG still works when connected to the goggles, but I can't connect to my mobile device anymore. I have an iPhone and iPad mini. Maybe it's only Apple products that it won't connect to anymore.

on the beta firmware or has it been officially released? I do believe I read a post where someone was asking if anyone installed the new firmware..over on rcg

on the beta firmware or has it been officially released? I do believe I read a post where someone was asking if anyone installed the new firmware..over on rcg
I'm on the current versions. 01.00.0100 for the RC and 01.00.0400 for the spark I believe.

I'm on the current versions. 01.00.0100 for the RC and 01.00.0400 for the spark I believe.

Ditto here and thats the version I'm going to stay at until there in confirmation that any new firmware update retains OTG capabilities for the controller. Oh and I use a retired Samsung Note 3 running android 5 if I recall correctly. OTG works like a champ with this current configuration.

Last edited:
Reactions: Manazuma
I misspoke when I said I couldn't connect my spark RC to my ipad mini2. I must not have had a good connection or used a bad cable. All is well now.
Fred

From where would you get this beta version ?
I have 01.00.0100 currently (update at day 0) and OTG is working. No new version shown by the app.
I got my fly combo kit yesterday. I too have RC Firmware Version 01.00.01.100
There is no new update. I pressed the check for update option and nothing new

To connect your phone or iPad etc to your RC you must first have the RC connect to your spark and then turn on your DJI app and then connect your OTG. If you don't do this sequence it won't work for me. When I hear OTG is not working for someone I tell them about the sequence and then it works.

Reactions: yo-dude
To connect your phone or iPad etc to your RC you must first have the RC connect to your spark and then turn on your DJI app and then connect your OTG. If you don't do this sequence it won't work for me. When I hear OTG is not working for someone I tell them about the sequence and then it works.

I also found that if you plug in the OTG cable last to tablet ... all is good. I learned this with my Mavic after lots of frustrations.

So to run this sequence back...
  1. Power on RC
  2. Power on Spark
  3. Wait for Status LED on the RC to turn Green
  4. Start the DJI Go for app which will show a disconnected status (what should be the wifi state of the phone at this point? wifi on, wifi off, airplane mode?)
  5. Plug in OTG cable between RC and device (iPhone 6 in my case).
  6. At this point should I then see the DJI Go app status change to RC connected?
Thanks,
Jeff

So to run this sequence back...
  1. Power on RC
  2. Power on Spark
  4. Start the DJI Go for app which will show a disconnected status (what should be the wifi state of the phone at this point? wifi on, wifi off, airplane mode?)
  5. Plug in OTG cable between RC and device (iPhone 6 in my case).
  6. At this point should I then see the DJI Go app status change to RC connected?
Thanks,
Jeff

HeyJeff

1. Power on RC
  2. Power on Spark
4--- Start the DJI Go for app which will show a disconnected status (what should be the wifi state of the phone at this point? wifi on, wifi off, airplane mode?)

** you actually can have the DJI Go App started, your tablet/ phone should have wifi on.
If your phone has already been connected to the RC in the past it should load automatically.
As for Airplane mode YES! I would avoid using your phone for a drone.....

5-Plug in OTG cable between RC and device (iPhone 6 in my case).
**yup. I find this is the key, to do this last.

6-At this point should I then see the DJI Go app status change to RC connected?
*** yes.... it should say 'Go-Fly' with a blue tab....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme