Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RC UPDATE

HeyJeff

1. Power on RC
  2. Power on Spark
  3. Wait for Status LED on the RC to turn Green
4--- Start the DJI Go for app which will show a disconnected status (what should be the wifi state of the phone at this point? wifi on, wifi off, airplane mode?)

** you actually can have the DJI Go App started, your tablet/ phone should have wifi on.
If your phone has already been connected to the RC in the past it should load automatically.
As for Airplane mode YES! I would avoid using your phone for a drone.....

5-Plug in OTG cable between RC and device (iPhone 6 in my case).
**yup. I find this is the key, to do this last.

6-At this point should I then see the DJI Go app status change to RC connected?
*** yes.... it should say 'Go-Fly' with a blue tab....

I've flow my mavic many times without putting my phone into AIRPLANE mode but I guess I've been lucky that I've never gotten a call during my flights. What happens if I get a call during a flight? Obviously I'll decline the call at the moment but will the RC disconnect from the Spark/Mavic?

So to run this sequence back...
  1. Power on RC
  2. Power on Spark
  3. Wait for Status LED on the RC to turn Green
  4. Start the DJI Go for app which will show a disconnected status (what should be the wifi state of the phone at this point? wifi on, wifi off, airplane mode?)
  5. Plug in OTG cable between RC and device (iPhone 6 in my case).
  6. At this point should I then see the DJI Go app status change to RC connected?
Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff, here is what worked for me on my iPhone 7 Plus

OGT Cable Set up on Spark Remote

Make sure you’ve paired the RC to the Spark via WiFi First. It must be paired for the first time for the OTG Cable setup to work. I turn off Wifi and put it in Airplane Mode

1) switch on remote (nothing plugged in)

2) switch on spark

3) Wait for green light on the RC - sometimes it takes a fw seconds

4) switch on ipad/iphone

5)open up DJI Go4 App you will have a grey screen.

6) plug in lightning cable to ipad/iphone

7) plug in usb end of lightning into the otg cable

8) plug otg cable into remote

9) pad/controller will make a coinnectionb ping

10) You'll get the "This accessory may be etc, etc" Just HIT dismiss

11) Camera view pops up and you should be good to go.

I am very new at this as this is my first drone and I'd only had it a few days. There are somne excellent YouTube Tutorial Videos alrewady out there.

I've flow my mavic many times without putting my phone into AIRPLANE mode but I guess I've been lucky that I've never gotten a call during my flights. What happens if I get a call during a flight? Obviously I'll decline the call at the moment but will the RC disconnect from the Spark/Mavic?
Any Texts or phone calls can interrupt your control of your Drone. Also any Notifications. I was test flying my Spark and my wife unlocked the front door (Smart Lock) and I got a Notification and lost control of my Spark a few seconds. Not a good feeling.

Reactions: yo-dude

--- yeah...but I hate to say it but that is tempting fate not going into Airplane mode on you phone..... too much to go wrong just leaving your phone as is...as a phone... "What happens if you get a call..." I don't think the RC would disconnect. My experience has been that the RC has priority, in that if the tablet / phone is disconnected for what ever reason you can still control with your RC. Had this happen with P4-Pro+, too often, first few times were spooky till I learned. I have experimented with Mavic and Spark and the same thing, if your monitor goes out you can still control with your RC.

Just as a follow-up last night I was successful in multiple attempts when following the sequence listed above. The very first thing I did was to ensure the iPhone was in airplane mode. The last thing I did was plug the OTG cable into the RC. I then received the message stating something to the effect that this function may not be supported (which is what you want as it indicates that the iPhone sensed a connection to the RC) and simply selected dismiss. The DJI Go app then showed RC connected.

Thanks for all the help!

Just as a follow-up last night I was successful in multiple attempts when following the sequence listed above. The very first thing I did was to ensure the iPhone was in airplane mode. The last thing I did was plug the OTG cable into the RC. I then received the message stating something to the effect that this function may not be supported (which is what you want as it indicates that the iPhone sensed a connection to the RC) and simply selected dismiss. The DJI Go app then showed RC connected.

Thanks for all the help!
Great!! Enjoy!

Thanks for all the help!
Before setting airplane mode, I wait that the Spark get GPS location and that the map is loaded in GO4 for all the area I will fly, then I turn it off before take off.

Before setting airplane mode, I wait that the Spark get GPS location and that the map is loaded in GO4 for all the area I will fly, then I turn it off before take off.
Does the route still get plotted on the map in airplane mode?

Yes, the route is visible, so it is not a too big drama. Just too much in use of map view :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast