Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Realistic range ?

nija_geezer

Join
Mar 7, 2021
Ok so i dont expect no where near the crazy range of my MA2 ,but what realistically can i expect from the little guy.
i flew today and tried 2.4 and 5.8 in supposed FCC mode with parabolic reflectors fitted and got about 450 meters in a straight line ,i was in a heavy built up area of houses though .what do you guys average and is there a best mode to be in ,i normally never touch the modes on the MA2 not sure if the spark differs here.i understand built up areas make a huge difference as well so i aim to get out of town for a better test this week..

just download zip file and extract to windows 10, c drive.
you can walk the steps without connecting your spark to see how this work.
make sure you have the firmware .0900.

Reactions: nija_geezer
ive done it thanks ;)

Gives me the chance to share an old thread. ?
No hardware modifications like parabolic dish or range extenders used.

I fly my Spark often beyond 2000 Ft (600 to 700m). Limit the obstacles . Stay line of sight allthough you can't see the spark at that range. Fly high for long horizontal range range 300 ft (100m) and up.

I fly my Spark often beyond 2000 Ft (600 to 700m). Limit the obstacles . Stay line of sight allthough you can't see the spark at that range. Fly high for long horizontal range range 300 ft (100m) and up.
How can you fly so far?
May be US? In EU my Spark when is 600 ft he comes back Home (RTH).
Gio

Using the Spark in FCC mode gives more power to the transmitters, which will be part of the difference. You can force the Spark to use this mode wherever you are, either with a firmware hack or by spoofing the GPS.
Well, many thanks Nik.
I've read about spoofing the gps, but I never tried.
If I understand well, you're from UK, so you need spoofing your gps too...
Do you have a special app or you just follow one of the Yotube instructions?
Well, really I'm much interested not for going so far, but to have e stronger connection behind trees or other natural obstacles. What is your experience?

Nice flight!
Gio

Gio, see message 4, or use the modified go4 v. 4.1.15 here:

Well many thanks!!!
I didn't know this, I'll have a look as soon as possible, and try it: it seems very interesting.

Have nice flights!
Gio

Well, many thanks Nik.
I've read about spoofing the gps, but I never tried.
If I understand well, you're from UK, so you need spoofing your gps too...
Do you have a special app or you just follow one of the Yotube instructions?
Well, really I'm much interested not for going so far, but to have e stronger connection behind trees or other natural obstacles. What is your experience?

Nice flight!
Gio
I am happy to reccommend the 'Fake GPS Location Professional' app, which is free, despite its name, and very easy. 'Fake GPS Location PROFESSIONAL - Apps on Google Play'

It only needs to be used once, as long as one remembers to tap 'cancel' wen the drone asks permission to reset itself to the correct mode.

I still find that the signal drops very quickly to one bar, but I've never lost signal behind small buildings, etc.

Bear in mind that it against the rules to fly where the drone is out of direct line of sight, so this is a purely hypothetical case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme