Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Recommended DJI Spark Accessories for new flyer

Robert Clegg

Join
Feb 20, 2019
Hello DJI Spark Forum,
As a DJI Spark owner who is yet to fly I'd like to protect my investment. I notice that there's a raft of accessories available to me but would like to ask what is worth purchasing and what's not. So far I've looked at extender legs, lens and gimbal cover, landing pad, sun shade cover and propeller bungee. I bought my DJI Spark with the fly more option so I've already got propeller protectors, the RC and a spare battery. Can you help me so I don't buy accessories that aren't really required that don't enhance my enjoyment of flying my Spark. Many thanks. Robert

Check out my Spark must-haves list here.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Robert Clegg.

Just when you think you have it all, there's always something else.:)

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Reactions: Kendallfordguy
There aren't really any must haves beyond what you already have and it will be just fine.
For me:
Ipad mini4 and holder for it
landing pad
a 3rd battery
landing legs (the springy ones)
battery clip (but I don't always use it)
a bigger case
recently a set of polar pro filters
been thinking about a locator (like loc8tor)

Reactions: Prayingdsr
Hi Hoosier, I feel a little bit like a flying virgin. Any advice and support would be greatly appreciated.

Some of the things I use every time are...

1) Gimbal guard when transporting the Spark.

2) A lens pen for cleaning the camera and sensors.

3) Prop Guards for protection from tree limbs, birds, etc. Plus it's easier to see in flight than just spinning props.

4) Neck Lanyard as a lifeline to prevent dropping the remote and device.

5) Extra batteries. Occasionally you find a good deal on them. I'm up to nine.

6) Parabolic reflector for the remote. This will improve the signal to and from the Spark when flying.

7) Batter clip or a #141 rubber O ring wrapped around the arms of the Spark to free up space for the prop guards, which can't be used at the same time with a majority of the battery clips available.

8) OTG cable? Not needed but may provide a better connection from device to remote vs. WiFi if in a WiFi heavy area ( apartments, hotels, etc.)

Good luck with your shopping.:)

Last edited:
I have a DJI charger that charges 2 batteries plus the one in the Spark. It is also a battery and when charged will recharge all I just mentioned. Excellent protection for the drone and assured me of 70-80 mine of flight time. For light days or tricky climbs I use the excellent belt clip from Dirty J Designs for protection and ultimate portability

I use the excellent belt clip from Dirty J Designs for protection and ultimate portability

I think I turned you on to that product.

Since you used it and seem to like it, I may purchase one myself when walking the dogs.

Some of the things I use every time are...

1) Gimbal guard when transporting the Spark.

2) A lens pen for cleaning the camera and sensors.

3) Prop Guards for protection from tree limbs, birds, etc. Plus it's easier to see in flight than just spinning props.

4) Neck Lanyard as a lifeline to prevent dropping the remote and device.

5) Extra batteries. Occasionally you find a good deal on them. I'm up to nine.

6) Parabolic reflector for the remote. This will improve the signal to and from the Spark when flying.

7) Batter clip or a #141 rubber O ring wrapped around the arms of the Spark to free up space for the prop guards, which can't be used at the same time with a majority of the battery clips available.

8) OTG cable? Not needed but may provide a better connection from device to remote vs. WiFi if in a WiFi heavy area ( apartments, hotels, etc.)

Good luck with your shopping.:)

Many thanks for your DJI Spark recommended accessory list, I've put them in my Amazon (UK) wish list ready for pay day.

Do you have any thoughts about extender legs and legs that you attach whilst using the prop guards?

Thanks again

Many thanks for your DJI Spark recommended accessory list, I've put them in my Amazon (UK) wish list ready for pay day.

Do you have any thoughts about extender legs and legs that you attach whilst using the prop guards?

Thanks again

I had a set of PolarPro landing gear but I don't use them anymore.

The Spark is easy to launch and land by hand, especially with a neck lanyard as I use the swiper on the app to launch.

The push button of the battery palm launch thing never worked for me, plus I don't like to have my palm flat with Spark balanced precariously there. Too much risk of dropping it.

I don't have a landing pad either because it is so easy to do launch and land by hand.

Hello DJI Spark Forum,
As a DJI Spark owner who is yet to fly I'd like to protect my investment. I notice that there's a raft of accessories available to me but would like to ask what is worth purchasing and what's not. So far I've looked at extender legs, lens and gimbal cover, landing pad, sun shade cover and propeller bungee. I bought my DJI Spark with the fly more option so I've already got propeller protectors, the RC and a spare battery. Can you help me so I don't buy accessories that aren't really required that don't enhance my enjoyment of flying my Spark. Many thanks. Robert

If you don't already have them, prop guards are good investment. Coming down for a landing in my front yard, I accidentally made contact with an overhead power line. The Spark bounced, wobbled a bit but recovered nicely. Without the guards, I'm sure one of the spinning props would have hit the line, breaking the prop and the drone would have crashed.
Also, think about a padded carrying case with inserts that fit the Spark and its components. It's a good way to keep things organized.

When we talk of "must-haves", I think this one is a definite YES.
I am a mechanical designer myself and know how poor that tiny wedge-type lock design is.
Always have my heart in the mouth when I am flying in Sports mode.
Eagerly awaiting the delivery of this.

Although new to the Spark I am not new to drones and RC and have heard of some batteries departing the Spark so after reading this I promptly ordered the same. Thanks for posting!

Hello DJI Spark Forum,

I bought most of the stuff out there for my Spark after I got it a couple of months ago. I find the most important things are spare batteries, you need at least 3 total IMHO, more is better. I find myself using the gimbal protector and joystick guard for the RC when I transport my Spark, I use the carrying case that came with it. I find the range extender lens thing works well but I don't often need it, but it's cheap and easy to take along. I use the landing legs when I'm in a weedy/dusty area, but usually land in my hand anyway. I nicked myself once, but still don't use the prop guards unless I'm flying indoors, where they are indispensable.
My $.02, enjoy!

I have a DJI charger that charges 2 batteries plus the one in the Spark. It is also a battery and when charged will recharge all I just mentioned. Excellent protection for the drone and assured me of 70-80 mine of flight time.

The DJI portable charger along with the carrying case is very good when you are on the move. It can carry the AC, RC and 2 spare batteries together. You can also fit in your OTG cable, card reader and a few spare propellers. And the best part is that you can charge all your stuff in your backpack itself.

IMG_20181222_143558.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit