Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Refurbished DJI DRONS

jonkyte

Join
Nov 6, 2018
i lost my Spark in a pond close to my house, all piolet error, didn't see the tree branch DJI just sent me a notice that they have a refurbished Spark available. Has anyone purchase a refurbished drone from DJI and were you pleased with your purchase. I have a Mavic Air which I like a lot but for some reason I miss flying my Spark plus I have all the extra stuff for my Spark. Any input would be appreciated.

I purchased a certified refurbished SPARK fly more combo a little over a year ago. Looked and worked as new and DJI warranty was for 12 months - same as with brand new drones.

I am selling my blue Spark with accessories. Includes "like new" aircraft in original packaging. Battery. Charging hub. Charging cable. Micro SD card. Protective OEM styrofoam case. DJI shoulder bag.

All for $275. Includes recently activated DJI Care policy too!!!
A dry sounds like a great deal but I have all that extra stuff so I will try the refurbished Spark. Thanks for your reply

I prefer new but I would trust a refurbish from dji, its basically a new drone that they’re confident in selling with the warranty.

I prefer new but I would trust a refurbish from dji, its basically a new drone that they’re confident in selling with the warranty.

The refurbs have the same warranty but they are definitely not new - most were previously owned and returned broken thru DJI Care (or defective and returned thru the warranty program). A small number were open-box returns that may have been flown a few times and can no longer be sold as new.

DJI repairs them, "tests" them and then resells them as refurb.

It's not uncommon for a refurbished unit to be delivered to its second owner with issues that slipped past their tests. These can be returned under warranty but it's a hassle. It happened to me and other members on the forum.

There are good reason why they are cheaper -- used, broken/defective, repaired, re-sold... less reliable than brand new.

Still a good deal but some lemons mixed in.

Reactions: McCloudSpark
The refurbs have the same warranty but they are definitely not new - most were previously owned and returned broken thru DJI Care (or defective and returned thru the warranty program). A small number were open-box returns that may have been flown a few times and can no longer be sold as new.

DJI repairs them, "tests" them and then resells them as refurb.

It's not uncommon for a refurbished unit to be delivered to its second owner with issues that slipped past their tests. These can be returned under warranty but it's a hassle. It happened to me and other members on the forum.

There are good reason why they are cheaper -- used, broken/defective, repaired, re-sold... less reliable than brand new.

Still a good deal but some lemons mixed in.

The reason I said basically new. They’re not like buying someone’s used drone either. I’ve read some people say they couldn’t tell a difference and I trust dji does their best to sell a refurbished item that is like new condition. Without a doubt some with problems but that goes for brand new ones too. The bigger point is it’s from the manufacturer themselves so there’s higher expectation for what you’re paying for.

Reactions: DAN PORAT
I love buying most electronics refurb. This usually means they were at least tested and repaired and not just off the assembly line.

Reactions: McCloudSpark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast