Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Replacement for Lithium Ion Polymer rechargeable battery?

Most retailers (it seems) Worldwide, including DJI, are pretty much out of stock.
I did find this supposedly genuine 2 pack here . . .

I'd be careful and make sure it's genuine, new, and is in stock before ordering.

I know the M1P and MPP batteries are pretty much obsolete now too, but they seem to have readily found non genuine batteries available online.
But can't find much on the Spark with a quick search.

Reactions: banjoB
Most retailers (it seems) Worldwide, including DJI, are pretty much out of stock.

I'd be careful and make sure it's genuine, new, and is in stock before ordering.

I know the M1P and MPP batteries are pretty much obsolete now too, but they seem to have readily found non genuine batteries available online.

Thanks very much I am finding the same thing but was hoping a quality replacement with an good Spark flight record was now being made by others.

It seems if they have restrictions on shipping to the U.S. " This Supplier/Shipping Company does not deliver to your selected Country/Region"

It seems if they have restrictions on shipping to the U.S. " This Supplier/Shipping Company does not deliver to your selected Country/Region"

Not sure where the OP is located, nothing in profile re location.

Shipping problems happen with LIPOS often.
I couldn't even get Firehouse Tech to ship strobes directly, with their tiny 240mah LiPo in them !

Yep this aliexpress supplier seems to ship to Australia ok, 2 batteries AUD$206.67 (~ USD161), single battery AUD$105.98, and free shipping (or at least included).
Site says they have 129 pieces . . . bulk buy ?? ?:p

Pricing is a lot higher than normal has been here in Australia, have seen last here in retail and DJI shop for around AUD$89 (think that was normal retail), but seems to be genuine item with DJI stickers, lights etc.
Other model lights like for the M1P have differences, light battery level leds, some design alterations.

Has any company come out with an alternative battery for a Spark?
I had a similar question/inquiry last year around this same time. At the time Spark batteries were sporadically available from DJI but many local dealers had them. I picked up two new ones from a dealer in my geographical area for the price that DJI was selling them for. However now I can't find Spark batteries anywhere for a reasonable price. I did find ones on Amazon.ca for more than double the cost of the original batteries :(

Unlike my other DJI drone, a Phantom 3 Standard, I can't find ANY third party batteries for the Spark. I currently have 4 Spark batteries but my two oldest batteries have well over 100 charge cycles (one has over 150 cycles) with battery life down to around 85%.

Unless some third party battery maker like PowerExtra steps up, I will be forced to purchase used batteries, but I will not be paying unreasonable prices like more than double the cost of a new battery just to keep my Spark flying. I would rather put my money toward a new drone at that point which is a shame because I feel the Spark is one of the best drones that DJI has ever created. I love mine and will fly it until I can't anymore.

Chris

Unlike my other DJI drone, a Phantom 3 Standard, I can't find ANY third party batteries for the Spark.

Just what I have found . . . I wonder why this is ?
It can't be volume, because I'm sure many Sparks would have been sold.

Very grateful to have 5 perfect batteries, and looked after I hope to get many more flights in the coming years.

My M1P does have an aftermarket battery by Powerextra available, but still nothing for the has ever been made for the Spark by them (or others) that I've been able to find.
Maybe someone should give feedback, asking if it's possible for them to consider making one ?
As many as possible members on this forum is a start.

I am going to be out of action for perhaps a few days, some minor surgery shortly today . . . but if no one has managed to find some sort of contact info, email or feedback form for Powerextra before I'm back at the keyboard, maybe they can post it up here and request members contact them to request a battery be produced.
Has to start somewhere.

Reactions: RotorWash
If somebody wants to spend a couple of grand, refurbished batteries may be purchased from here.

Enter Spark battery in the search field.

Minimum order of 50 at $40 usd.

This is the only sight that I have seen with refurbished Spark batteries marked with FN.

Last edited:
I emailed PowerExtra but I suspect that since no third party battery maker has produced any battery for the Spark that there is little chance there will be one in the future. I will wait and see if they respond.

My Spark is nearing 600 flights and still flies perfectly. If I can purchase replacement batteries either new, used, or third party to keep it flying I will do so, but I will not pay outrageous prices.

Chris

Well... I just retired 2 of my Spark batteries today, that leaves 2 left - they were new last year so they should be ok for awhile yet.

I was out flying today doing an orbit of some ruins in the area, I had just landed and re-launched with my next battery and was getting ready for the orbit when I got a battery disconnected error in Litchi. I immediately flew back and landed. When I removed the battery I noticed that it had swelled quite a bit. I always use a battery buckle, so that probably prevented the battery from completely disconnecting and the Spark plunging to the ground. I also checked my my other battery I had previously flown with and it was swelled up too. Both batteries have lots of charge cycles (141 and 155) and both are the original ones that came with the charging station package.

Now, I am on the hunt for at least one more battery so that I will have a total of 3 batteries, but Spark batteries are difficult to find these days and I definitely don't want to be paying outrageous prices for a battery. Saw a Spark battery on Amazon the other day for almost CAN$250 - That's half the price I paid for my Spark back in 2017.

Chris

Sorry to hear about the batteries Chris, scary error to get while flying but glad you were able to land safely. Spark batteries are kinda like golden hen's teeth now. Seen this one on eBay, which is on the lower end of prices (with shipping incl) at least on there. Good luck in the hunt, if I come across anything better I'll let you know.

Reactions: Chrislaf
Thanks for the link RotorWash, I’ll look into it. It’s ironic that I can still buy batteries (3rd party) for my P3S which is a year older. It’s likely that I will be able to keep my P3S flying longer than my Spark just because I can still get batteries for it at a reasonable price.

Chris

Got a new battery I ordered from RotoLogic from the eBay link I got from @RotorWash. The battery was brand new and had no charge cycles on it. It was about CAN$30 more per battery than the price I paid last year for a new one (bought 2 then) but considering it is getting hard to find Spark batteries, it was worth it. I now have 3 batteries that should keep my Spark flying for awhile longer as long as I don’t crash it or lose it.

This is it for me though, no more batteries - they are getting too hard to find at reasonable prices! Love my Spark, but unlike my Phantom 3 Standard the next time batteries are needed, it will be a ‘forced’ upgrade to a new drone.

Chris

Has any company come out with an alternative battery for a Spark?
I find DJI's policy of discontinuing batteries after a fews years is dissapointing. Some power tool manufacturers have been in trouble for this in the USA and its sometimes against consumer law.I would probably consider another brand but I do like my spark.I have just paid $128 AU on Alieexpress and hoping for the best.Please post if anyone finds a replacement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex