Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Replacement, is it new ?

Join
Dec 5, 2017
Got my Spark replaced by local dealer. New serial number, but it does not look brand new to me. It came in the foam box I used to send it in. With my old stickers. But a sticker on the spark, put on with white painters tape, saying BC.PT.S00285 and then a barcode with serial and MADE IN CHINA. Came without props, so I am down a set. DJI says it is not activated, and likely not refurbished.

The sellers service is located in Sweden and I am in Denmark. And in Denmark, they can not swap for a refurbished item (Apple lost court case. No refurbished / used parts). So how can I see it it is used. It was slightly dusty, had small marks at end of battery compartment indicating a batter has been mounted. And it has a few scratches between memory card and USB port, indicating a USB cable was connected after the quad was assembled. At the factory they would likely test it before wrapping it up.

So how can I see if there are any refurb parts ?

Was the lens and forward sensors covered with protective plastic? Is the serial number decal in the battery bay new, or does it look worn from having multiple batteries slid in and out? If the serial number decal looks smudged, worn, or has scratches on it, it's most likely been refurbish.

It had the stickers on 2x lense, not on the coated lenses below, which had fingerprints. Label not worn. I am trying to find out if it is factory new, or a refurbished (illegal here, I MUST get the equivalent of a factory new sales unit).

BTW: There are clear stickers on the 2 lenses. In the box I had a couple original films with text on. Not sure if they are from the lenses.

I have attached images of the stuff that stands out most. Like signs of liquid aft in shell, what looks like scratches near USB port, and the fingerprints at the coated lenses (will etch the coating, at least that is what is said about my expensive camera lenses). There was also black and white dust particles, which likely comes from the repair shop. There are also excess plastic where mould closes. Not sure if this is usually polished on a factory/retail new product, and if factory replacements has a less polished shell.

Attachments

• IMG_0732.JPG
    IMG_0732.JPG
    729.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0729.JPG
    IMG_0729.JPG
    413.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0726.JPG
    IMG_0726.JPG
    588.9 KB · Views: 24
I am trying to find out if it is factory new, or a refurbished (illegal here, I MUST get the equivalent of a factory new sales unit).

This was quoted by @AeroMirage on a similar thread....Did you have to activate it? (Register it to your DJI account)
Does serial # have the letter R in it anywhere? DJI says it will be at the end if a refurb.

DJI confirms it has not been activated, and serial ends in 3H, not ML like my first.
DJI Support can't tell me if it contains refurb parts, and they can't look up the part number BC.PT.S00285 to see if it is new.
The liquid traces makes me wonder, and the scratches near USB port. Not sure if local service center can reflash new serial, and put a new serial sticker on refurb units. Or if it is a returned unit from another box that was opened.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh