Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

reporting for duty

dragonalumni

Join
Aug 21, 2020
Hi. I bought my Spark about 10 months ago, but due to a slew of unlucky coincidences and being unable to sort out the technical problems I was having I just got my drone off the ground 3 days ago. Since that time I've had seven flights and today was my first flight with the controller. Before recently I couldn't ever get the controller, phone and drone all connected. (I used to consider myself a tech guy??) Anyways, after some you tube videos I got myself sorted out.

I registered because I was looking for help with the controller, but now I've got connected and I'm just wondering how to use the gimble when using a controller, I actually liked the method with the phone of just tilting it.

I also see that this drone is discontinued, that is somewhat sad/annoying. Feel leary about buying accessories like batteries when I don't know if I can get it fixed/repaired. I wonder what is the longest one can expect a drone to work without it dying?

Appreciate the forum(s), been lurking for quite some time,
DA

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland dragonalumni.

The controller makes a world of difference in flying the Spark.

You will get used to the gimbal wheel as it is beneficial to getting a good shot when paired with another camera movement of the subject.

There is a setting in the Go4 app to adjust the gimbal speed to allow a slower movement.

Plus, the wheel is touch sensitive relative to the speed selected. I think mine is set down to 10.

So far, DJI still have batteries available on their site around $55 USD.

I have been flying the Spark since 2017 and so far, so good.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Thanks. I got the wheel thing sorted out, somehow. At this moment I prefer the pitch option the phone had, but I'm sure I'll adjust.

The controller disconnected from the drone on my second controller flight. Almost shat myself tbh as it started to just go straight up into the sky. Only realized later it was doing it's fly home AI, but it reconnected about 20 seconds later.
?

Reactions: Spark 317
Welcome!
You might be unaware that you can down load the manual for the spark. It's really a necessary read.
Have fun with your drone. I'm sure you will...it's really a good one!

Reactions: RotorWash
Hi. I bought my Spark about 10 months ago, but due to a slew of unlucky coincidences and being unable to sort out the technical problems I was having I just got my drone off the ground 3 days ago. Since that time I've had seven flights and today was my first flight with the controller. Before recently I couldn't ever get the controller, phone and drone all connected. (I used to consider myself a tech guy??) Anyways, after some you tube videos I got myself sorted out.

I registered because I was looking for help with the controller, but now I've got connected and I'm just wondering how to use the gimble when using a controller, I actually liked the method with the phone of just tilting it.

I also see that this drone is discontinued, that is somewhat sad/annoying. Feel leary about buying accessories like batteries when I don't know if I can get it fixed/repaired. I wonder what is the longest one can expect a drone to work without it dying?

Appreciate the forum(s), been lurking for quite some time,
DA
I have had mine repaired, so repair is still available.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: dragonalumni

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe