Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

"Return to home failed" despite full GPS signal?

Shadow1

Join
Dec 3, 2017
Hi! I'm a spark newbie. In one flight I flew the Spark up to 350 ft and video transmissio
4PWwLY5
n was cutting in and out (non-otg) which worried me so I clicked RTH on my remote (I had manually set a home point prior to take off). And then surprisingly I got the message 'RTH failed' (pic below) which scared me! Thankfully the spark was still connected to my remote so I was able to fly it down manually, and click RTH again when it was a bit lower down, but do you guys know why this message occurred? As you can see there was 19 bars of GPS signal. I'd like to find out because I don't know what I would do if this occurs again and am I am not so lucky as to be able to fly it back manually

spark.jpeg

I was very close horizontally (it was basically very high up vertically, but pretty much directly on top of me). But is that an issue?

I was very close horizontally (it was basically very high up vertically, but pretty much directly on top of me). But is that an issue?
Yes, you need to be at least 20m out horizontally before RTH will work. I could be wrong as I don’t have a Spark yet but on my Phantom 3 Standard it needs to be at least 20m out.

Yes, you need to be at least 20m out horizontally before RTH will work. I could be wrong as I don’t have a Spark yet but on my Phantom 3 Standard it needs to be at least 20m out.
RTH should always work when initiated. If too close to the home point, the Spark will land at its current location instead of flying back to the home point first. Check out the Spark manual for more details.

Reactions: DesertWindAero

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena