Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Return to home

sharps45

Join
Apr 18, 2019
Yesterday while getting some forest footage, I had the Spark out to barely under 3,000 feet. The image on my phone broke up, then the drone went into auto-return to home on lost signal. I use a 24" diameter rubber mat made from gasket material for my launch/landing pad. Anyway, the Spark returned and landed not only on the pad, but almost perfectly from where it had left! I've used the RTH many times, and usually it's within a couple of feet, but this was easily the best it's ever done. Love this drone!

Yesterday while getting some forest footage, I had the Spark out to barely under 3,000 feet. The image on my phone broke up, then the drone went into auto-return to home on lost signal. I use a 24" diameter rubber mat made from gasket material for my launch/landing pad. Anyway, the Spark returned and landed not only on the pad, but almost perfectly from where it had left! I've used the RTH many times, and usually it's within a couple of feet, but this was easily the best it's ever done. Love this drone!

Looks like the Precision Landing feature kicked in this time. At the time of takeoff, when you ascend straight up for 7m or more, the Spark maps the terrain below with its bottom sensors/camera. When it goes to auto landing after RTH, the Spark tries to match the terrain with the previously captured image. You can hear it say "Precision landing" and also get a message on the screen.

Looks like the Precision Landing feature kicked in this time. At the time of takeoff, when you ascend straight up for 7m or more, the Spark maps the terrain below with its bottom sensors/camera. When it goes to auto landing after RTH, the Spark tries to match the terrain with the previously captured image. You can hear it say "Precision landing" and also get a message on the screen.
I like that

thats the reason you flew though a forest 2.4 and 5.8 hhz is bad for dense areas.. 400 mhz and lower punches though and bounces better... dont do that and you wont have drop outs... the spoark has a horrible transmit ability though im switching to the mavic pro when i can afford one i dont like the spark so if anyone wants a spark i got one with 2 batts transmitter charger i made charges 2 batts same time works good off any 12 volt to 60 volt source .. and the drone 420 shipping included for that price pm me or email me ......im in california and you can send it to my paypal.. i wont ship first youll have to pay first then ill ship.. and i wont screw you over.. i have 12 flights on it.. i just want the mavic i have about 500 saved up and selling my spark would make up the diffrence.. ill include tracking etc... and i think insurance is fairly cheap so ill check on that and include that on shipping i cant include cases i can send the original box case i have 2 water tight cases for it but those would be expensive to ship.. so the original packaging

Very nice! I don’t use RTH often but I’m super impressed when with the results when I do.

January of this year (+/- a month) my buds and I went hiking up Heart Mountain, Wyoming. I sent the Spark up and out and lost visible contact. That said, it was along slope of a mountain - height above ground was semi-relevant, and low sun angle really made spotting difficult (oh, and we believe that we were the only humans anywhere nearby). So I hit RTH.

We started to hear M1 but could not determine the direction of sound as a breeze had come up. Then M1was spotted, directly overhead. And it landed within, ohhh, 2 ft of takeoff.

Very cool!

I don't think I've ever had mine out that far. I used to send Sysvester the Drone, a blue spark, out quite a ways. Pheobe, the yellow spark I still don't trust. GO4 says I had her out about 485ft Saturday.

I fly by watching the drone and glancing at the screen.

I use my spark for vlos flying at night.. I love to just fly the heck outta the spark it's a great little quad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme