Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RTH Again?

Jangles

Join
Feb 20, 2018
A couple of times when I was about to land with a low battery it said return to home in 10 seconds so I rushed to get it down, my question is if I didn't make it back to my home point before it activated the RTH does the spark confirm it has enough juice to go up to the rth altitude before it actually does, I don't want it to go up to 30 meters and run out of juice and crash.
Thanks just wondering ?

The Spark will automatically start landing if the battery reaches the critically low level. It won't just continue to fly and drop out of the sky.

Hypothetical question though, if I took a fresh battery and continued straight up till the battery drained would the spark calculate the time, altitude, battery life to start descending to have enough juice to land?

It is a good question. Reminds me of a movie line: "Do you feel lucky?"

You may find a guru in this forum who will give you the technical answer. For me who deals with automation every day, I just know that you can't fully trust it. Too many variables for just one answer.

Work with a buffer, and you too will come home...:)

if I took a fresh battery and continued straight up till the battery drained would the spark calculate the time, altitude, battery life to start descending to have enough juice to land?
Yes. The Spark will try to return to the home point and/or land before the battery is depleted to the point where it shuts off.

In your scenario, that shouldn't be a problem. If flying further out and the Spark is fighting a strong headwind on the way back to the home point, it might have to land before it makes it home.

Hypothetical question though, if I took a fresh battery and continued straight up till the battery drained would the spark calculate the time, altitude, battery life to start descending to have enough juice to land?

Had a forced RTH a couple of months ago when I was a virgin pilot.
Didn't touch the remote until 50 feet height, when Spark missed the Home point.
Was able to pilot the craft even if below 10 %.
Palm landing with 7% left, puh.
It will need approx 5% per 300 feet (100m) descent.
Yes, it will try to calculate battery life, but do not trust the calculation ;)

Forced_RTH.jpg

When the message comes stating 10 secs, believe me it means 10 secs and the Drone starts heading home to land, no RTH height,,, when the 10 secs is up,, the Drone lands itself,,literally,,,, be very careful of getting into this situation,,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar