Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RTH Gimbal question

tonyt76

Join
Jun 16, 2017
If i'm flying my spark with the gimbal pointed diagonally down, and perform a RTH, the gimbal automatically moves all the way up (pointing straight ahead) and i cannot control the gimbal at all while the spark is returning to home. Is there a setting in the dji go app to override this behavior?

No. RTH freezes the gimbal and you can't take pictures either.
Only reasoning I can figure is they are conserving battery power to make it back to home point.
Funny, other DJI ACs don't do this.

I doubt it has anything to do with battery power, since if you are recording a video it will keep recording. Also in the landing phase of RTH you will be able to to move the gimbal around. That leads me to guess that the spark somehow augments its obstacle avoidance with visual data from the camera when returning home? Or like many other things, just bad programming.

That leads me to guess that the spark somehow augments its obstacle avoidance with visual data from the camera when returning home?
That's what I would guess since unlike the other aircraft its obstacle avoidance sensor is NOT a visible light camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar