Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Ruined , and Abandon Weaponds Factory in Elizabethton TN US

Interesting - what was made there? I've got an old aluminum smelter near me that I was allowed to explore once (before my Spark though).

Reactions: Faan and Roy Rogers
Im not really sure what was made here. YouTube has Documentaries on it . The government thought it to be so important during WII they mounted machine guns on top of it . It employed most the town of Elizabethton for a lot of years , all the near by houses were built in the 40s just for the workers to live . Its been abandoned for umm 25 years or so. About 3 years ago they started tearing it down and punctured a canister that had metal inside that caught fire when exposed to the atmosphere . The local fire department tried putting it out but decided to let it burn out. The demolition stopped, but as you can see in the video people are working there .

Reactions: McCloudSpark
Im not really sure what was made here. YouTube has Documentaries on it . The government thought it to be so important during WII they mounted machine guns on top of it . It employed most the town of Elizabethton for a lot of years , all the near by houses were built in the 40s just for the workers to live . Its been abandoned for umm 25 years or so. About 3 years ago they started tearing it down and punctured a canister that had metal inside that caught fire when exposed to the atmosphere . The local fire department tried putting it out but decided to let it burn out. The demolition stopped, but as you can see in the video people are working there .
It was a textile plant.

Why would they have machine guns at a textile (Rayon) plant? Sounds like a rumor to me.

Reactions: Roy Rogers
Was that a Litchi flight?
Nah , the night before I noticed the site while driving to a co-workers funeral. I came back the next morning and felt a lil odd to be doing it , the night before the news talked about " DRONES shut down Newark Airport" so instead of giving it the time it deserved I flew a quick pilot control circle noticing the Aarons rental store employees are watching landed and left

Why would they have machine guns at a textile (Rayon) plant? Sounds like a rumor to me.

The Guns story was told to me by some ones whos dad worked there until he dead . after reading your comment I researched it for the first time and that might have been a rumor . although the history site does speak about tensions during World War 2 sense the plant was German owned

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit