Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Running in Hot Weather

I'm not sure of the cost, but I'm sure you can unscrew the cables and mount the antenna array right to the remote.

I've seen remote mods before including "how to" videos.

I have found a lot of discussion about flying in cold but wonder about higher temperatures. I know DJI says 104 deg F as a max but is it possible to push the envelope for short (sunset photo) flights?
This is very important to me since the temps here are outrageous to say the least.
Not many people have discussed the fact that ac fly much better in cool dry weather than in hot and or humid weather. Even as a pilot real aircraft really handle crappy in hot humid weather. This of course has nothing to do with aircraft and battery temps. So I am talking of performance.[emoji52]

I have found a lot of discussion about flying in cold but wonder about higher temperatures. I know DJI says 104 deg F as a max but is it possible to push the envelope for short (sunset photo) flights?
This is very important to me since the temps here are outrageous to say the least.

It was just over 100F, and I got distracted leaving the bird sitting in the sun too long before powering up. The result was an IMU overheat message immediately after takeoff. Lesson re-learned.
No issues since then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis