Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Safety Notification blue button doesn't work

zenfly

Join
Jun 23, 2019
I live at Cape Canaveral where the AirMap shows I'm totally clear to fly here south of the "no fly" port and Space Station and north of Patrick Air Base circle. Since I've had the Spark every time I go to fly I get the black square on my ipad mini4 "Safety Notification--your aircraft has entered an enhanced warning zone" where we have to touch the very hard to see tiny blue dot "I agree to bear responsibility" but I can tap and touch that blue dot 50 times to finally (if I'm lucky) get the check at the bottom to touch (that ck mark works every time) and clear my screen all in frustration while my battery is running down. The touch screen works for everything else.

Does anyone else have or heard of this problem and a fix for this? I'd like to get rid of that warning for good. I don't need it and think it might only be there to get DJI off the hook for warranty purposes if we do something wrong.

Thanks for looking

I don't have this myself but I've heard about this product, No Limit Dronez, to unlock the flight restrictions from DJI.

Reactions: zenfly
It works, you just cannot see the blue on black circle you have to check to get the Yes button "live"
It is jumbled but the best one I could find.
You have to tap the blue circle (sometimes 2 blue square boxes) to confirm and then yes goes "live" to tap.
Almost impossible to see in direct sunlight.
090658sfi11g3ioii6v7i1.jpg

It works, you just cannot see the blue on black circle you have to check to get the Yes button "live"
It is jumbled but the best one I could find.
You have to tap the blue circle (sometimes 2 blue square boxes) to confirm and then yes goes "live" to tap.
Almost impossible to see in direct sunlight.
View attachment 11053
All the more reason to have a screen shade of some sort.

All the more reason to have a screen shade of some sort.
I have a screen shade and can see the button and check at the bottom fine.. It just doesn't work on my ipad4. I touch it and tap it 20-30 times and have flown some times in frustration with it blocking my screen because it doesn't stop takeoff.. I've gone to setteing and adjusted the touch a few times that was a waste of time...The ebay seller is sending another referb ipad for me to try to be delivered tomorrow. What gets me is according to the AirMap I'm in the clear and that screen shouldn't even come up.

Very frustrating I know. I had the problem when I started flying but after a while I got used to having to have a really good look at the warning box and making sure I hit the blue words precisely. Hope you sort it.

Very frustrating I know. I had the problem when I started flying but after a while I got used to having to have a really good look at the warning box and making sure I hit the blue words precisely. Hope you sort it.
Thanks.. I'll report here tomorrow when I try the next ipad. I really think the screen is bad on that spot.. I said above when I finally get the dot to work the ck mark goes one touch..

Reactions: twickers14
I have over 70 flights now and can see the blue dot just fine. It doesn't block takeoff and had 2 more flights this morning with the black screen on the whole time.. All the other click boxes work one click.. At ths point I have to ask doesn't anyone from DJI monitor this forum?

Finally my new replacement referb ipad mini4 came yesterday and the whole problem must have been a faulty touch screen. The frustration has come to an end.. I want to thank Spark 317 and everyone here for their time and input and hope this may help someone else in the future..

The really neat thing I learned is when I lit up the new ipad with Spark and controller on to set all the preferences they were all still there.. They're all saved on the aircraft (dahh)

Two things changed though 1) The return altitude was still set at 30m but it returns at 20ft.. I'll try to zero that and set it again. 2) the volume has dropped and can't hear the location anouncement before takeoff. The only volume adj I could find was the battery warning and raised that up .. I'll see next flight.

Reactions: Spark 317
Finally my new replacement referb ipad mini4 came yesterday and the whole problem must have been a faulty touch screen. The frustration has come to an end.. I want to thank Spark 317 and everyone here for their time and input and hope this may help someone else in the future..

The really neat thing I learned is when I lit up the new ipad with Spark and controller on to set all the preferences they were all still there.. They're all saved on the aircraft (dahh)

Two things changed though 1) The return altitude was still set at 30m but it returns at 20ft.. I'll try to zero that and set it again. 2) the volume has dropped and can't hear the location anouncement before takeoff. The only volume adj I could find was the battery warning and raised that up .. I'll see next flight.

I know this will sound weird but watch a YouTube video and turn the volume all the way up.
Sometimes YouTube can limit the max volume of the entire unit if lower than max in the YouTube app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme