Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Scary Flight...

Flynn Cooper

Join
Nov 23, 2017
Today I was flying my Spark about a half a mile away. It was pretty windy, but the Spark seemed to be handling it fine. It only took about 20% battery to get out a half mile out so I wasn't worried. I flew around a little bit until I was at 45% then headed back. I didn't realize that the wind was behind me on the way out, so progress was slow on the way back. I was going about 10 mph in Sport mode. The battery kept getting lower and lower as I inched home. Soon the Spark was telling me it had to return home now otherwise it wouldn't make it back. I decided to keep it in Sport mode so it could go as fast as possible. Soon the battery was at 15% and I was still 500 feet away. I started looking for places to land, just in case. The spark got down to 10% and started to auto land, luckily I was almost back so I was able to land it at 7% battery! I certainly learned my lesson about flying at high wind speeds!

Reactions: Lolo780
Today I was flying my Spark about a half a mile away. It was pretty windy, but the Spark seemed to be handling it fine. It only took about 20% battery to get out a half mile out so I wasn't worried. I flew around a little bit until I was at 45% then headed back. I didn't realize that the wind was behind me on the way out, so progress was slow on the way back. I was going about 10 mph in Sport mode. The battery kept getting lower and lower as I inched home. Soon the Spark was telling me it had to return home now otherwise it wouldn't make it back. I decided to keep it in Sport mode so it could go as fast as possible. Soon the battery was at 15% and I was still 500 feet away. I started looking for places to land, just in case. The spark got down to 10% and started to auto land, luckily I was almost back so I was able to land it at 7% battery! I certainly learned my lesson about flying at high wind speeds!

The more important lesson should be to not fly it out of visual sight.

P and S mode only show 35 tilt in Assistant. Not sure why, but you can modify that if you have .300 flight control firmware. Highly recommended.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar