Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Seabirds attacked my Spark!

Do you fly with the prop guards?

It will make the Spark appear larger and perhaps more intimidating.

Remember that Sport mode is your friend if you have to get away fast.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Some close calls in there, but also many of the birds interactions made the scenes even better.

For many drone pilots, birds in the area acting aggressively is reason to leave the vicinity and try somewhere else nearby.
Birds mostly see a drone as a potential predator, or with other birds of prey, a potential invader (territorial birds).

Breeding and nesting season generally makes many species much more aggressive, even so far as to striking the drone.
Obviously bad to the drone (props break easily) and the bird !

Most say the best course of action is not to fly straight away horizontally and / or descend, as birds can often keep up, but going straight up in a vertical climb is best, then fly to home and descend asap.
All birds are slower to climb of course, so this gets you out of the danger zone quickly.

I've only ever been buzzed by a Peregrine Falcon, had to slow the video down a lot to even see it in most clips . . . in the end I decided to bail out, going straight up, and I left it circling below and flew to home point up high.

I hope safe flights continue for you.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
Nice video, quite scary yet impressive!

I use my spark from time to time to scare pigeons away from our house roof ?

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
The footage came out beautiful. Was this the Spark?...if so your panning technique is incredibly smooth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme