Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Shore is fun with a Spark

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada

I'm no picasso on the sticks yet but I get a lot of enjoyment out of trying to be :) Here I'm out at a place called Campbellton Shore, PEI. Just trying out some different shutter speeds and flight paths. I have some lens filters on the way so they should help out in areas like this. I used the audio from my screen recording so it's a little muffled sounding. I'm going to replay this a few times in February. :(

and I got this hdr pic, edited with Photomatrix to bring out the algae colors. The stream is from a spring of very cold fresh water running into one end of the Northumberland Straight.

Campbellton_Shore_HDR2.jpg

Nice video & picture love the sound of the waves ?

Jeff ?

Nice footage. The more I watch and make drone videos, the more I like low flying footage. Makes it much more interesting and cinematic than just flying high all time.

Reactions: KST1P and RotorWash
It’s a shame that Youtube always gives a low res version on the videos on the phone though...

Reactions: RotorWash
Nice one!

1) What is "PEI"?
2) Great colors in those videos! I love the red beach sand, nice contrast with the other colors.
3) Near the beginning, it looked you nearly had a mid-air crash with one of the seagulls that weren't sure what kind of "bird" you were!

Thanks for posting!

1) What is "PEI"?
2) Great colors in those videos! I love the red beach sand, nice contrast with the other colors.
3) Near the beginning, it looked you nearly had a mid-air crash with one of the seagulls that weren't sure what kind of "bird" you were!

Thanks for posting!
PEI or Prince Edward Island is Canada's smallest province, in the Gulf of St.Lawrence near the Atlantic Ocean. Super scenic and quaint, its the setting for the fictional "Anne of Green Gables" stories.

1) What is "PEI"?

Thanks for posting!
The soil here in Prince Edward Island has a lot of iron in it and when exposed to air it oxidizes (rust) and gives that color. I like it too and it seems to grow great potatoes! As a small kid I thought soil everywhere was like that and was quite shocked when I seen different for the first time! lol The gull took a bit of a swan dive there last minute but he had his gimbal working pretty good so didn't shave any feathers. :) Thanks for commenting!

Last edited:
Reactions: jimlips
Looks like a fun day to me. Down low or up high, love the perspectives the little Spark can give you. Experimenting with camera settings and filters will pay off. Thanks for sharing.

I really appreciate all your comments and likes, thanks very much everyone. It makes learning all the more fun when you get to share what you're doing with others who can appreciate the process.

I used the audio from my screen recording so it's a little muffled sounding.

As Highflyer has stated earlier, I too enjoy the real sound from the location.

I've seen some videos when too many sound effects were piped in and is distracting when watching the video.

There's always a mute button I can push if it gets too bad.;)

Thanks for sharing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme