Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Should I fly?

Jangles

Join
Feb 20, 2018
When it says fly with caution, wi fi near by, turn off bluetooth? I only have a gold bar upper left and no green gps text but I have several satellites showing?
Thanks

....and your Smart Watch if applicable.

Disconnecting the BT as mentioned above should do it.

NEVER fly without GPS lock unless you are an experienced pilot.

Otherwise it may fly with the wind and you can watch the Spark "fly away" because it's not going to hover in one spot awaiting instructions from the pilot.
THis right here, I forgot to take my watchy off one time, and it screwed everything up

Otherwise it may fly with the wind and you can watch the Spark "fly away" because it's not going to hover in one spot awaiting instructions from the pilot.

How did I quote you, but posted before you.........................

Reactions: Rafa7
How did I quote you, but posted before you.........................

Butter fingers on a phone.

You responded...

I hit delete post..., Oh $hit, and reposted ASAP.

If using iPhone, note that turning BT off via the dock does not in fact turn off BT (it just disconnects). You need to go into settings to actually turn off the radio.

An easy test would be to go into airplane mode and re-enable just the services you need.

Should I fly When it says fly with caution, wi fi near by, turn off bluetooth? I only have a gold bar upper left and no green gps text but I have several satellites showing?
Thanks
U
Should I fly When it says fly with caution, wi fi near by, turn off bluetooth? I only have a gold bar upper left and no green gps text but I have several satellites showing?
Thanks
I tried this, after everything was connected with OTG cable to my I pad mini 2 I turned off wifi and had solid green, Since I use cable is it redundant to keep wi fi turned on? I been flying with wifi turned on, which is the right way to go?

Last edited:
U

I tried this, after everything was connected with OTG cable to my I pad mini 2 I turned off wifi and had solid green, Since I use cable is it redundant to keep wi fi turned on? I been flying with wifi turned on, which is the right way to go?

I always turn the WIFI off on my iPad Mini 2 when I connect to the controller via OTG cable, it works and there is no issues while flying.

I always turn the WIFI off on my iPad Mini 2 when I connect to the controller via OTG cable, it works and there is no issues while flying.
Thanks, wasn't sure, maybe that's why it says wifi in area, turn off BT fly with caution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar